xxxi. quidditch and gits

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna, we got a letter from Hannah." Susan whispered to her during their Herbology class. Deanna glanced at Pomona who was busy checking some papers at her desk and she went over to her three friends to read the letter.

Dear Deanna, Ernie, Susan, Justin,

I'm sorry I've only been able to send a reply now, but I've been better. Mum's resting well up there, and Dad and I are currently taking a break as well. I don't know if I'll be able to come back this year, but I don't think so. I'll see you four soon though, and thank you for everything.

Love,

Hannah

"At least, she's fine." Justin said when they finished reading.

"I'm still worried about her." Susan sighed and pocketed the letter.

"Maybe we can go visit during the summer." Ernie suggested to them, making the other three agree immediately.

"Deanna Dumbledore?" Pomona suddenly said, making Deanna look at her with surprise, and the serious look on the Head of her House's face was making her feel worried. "Come see me after class."

"What's that about?" Justin asked her worriedly.

"I don't know." Deanna whispered back. Did she forget to submit her assignments? Did she do something wrong? She did not know... She just hoped it wasn't anything serious.

When class ended, Deanna walked up to Pomona with her hands clasped together. "Professor Sprout?"

"Jeez, why'd you call me Professor Sprout so suddenly?" Pomona raised an eyebrow at her. "I heard about what happened last Saturday. I just wanted to know if you were fine?"

"You scared me." Deanna let out a sigh of relief then she smiled at her old friend. "Yeah, just swell. How about you, Pommy? It's been a long time since we got to talk."

"Ah, you know..."

The two Hufflepuffs laughed and conversed with each other just like the old times. Aside from Hagrid, Pomona was the only human friend she had left from her time. Even Scrivenshaft had left Hogsmeade now for fear of his life. And Deanna knew that through these coming dark days, she would have Pomona all the way.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna dear! You haven't gone to the last dinner." Slughorn suddenly brought up while they were walking down the hall together to the surprise of some of the students. Then again, Deanna Dumbledore was full of surprises. From her Quidditch skills to the truth behind her return. This was just a normal thing in the Dumbledore's crazy life.