xxiii. weasleys' wizard wheezes

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Deanna rubbed her eyes and yawned while waiting for her food. It had been a few hours since Dumbledore brought her home and she hadn't been able to sleep yet so she decided to just have her breakfast.

"You should have some sleep later, love." Ariana said worriedly while watching her niece who rested her head on the table. "You haven't been able to sleep yet."

"I will, Aunt Ari. I just want some hotdogs before I sleep." Deanna stretched her arms and smiled reassuringly at the portrait. She rested her head on the table again and closed her eyes, trying to get a bit of rest.

"Deanna?"

Just as Deanna was about to surrender to her exhaustion, Ariana's voice woke her up. She lifted her head and tilted her head in confusion. "What is it, Aunt Ari?"

"I think you have a letter." Ariana pointed to the window where Anais the owl was tapping it lightly.

Deanna opened the window and stroked the owl after she untied the letter from its foot. "Thank you, Anais." The owl hooted happily and flew to Deanna's room.

"What's that?" Ariana asked curiously.

"I'm not sure." Deanna's eyes widened when she saw it was a letter from Hogwarts. She looked up at Ariana with horror in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Deanna?" Ariana's face fell when she finally noticed the mark on the back of the envelope. Why would Hogwarts send a letter when it was too early for the book lists? Did she do something wrong? Was she going to be expelled? At least she could work at her uncle's bar if ever she did get expelled.

"Open it." Ariana smiled at her reassuringly, trying her best to give Deanna courage. Deanna took in a deep breath and slit the envelope open. As she opened the letter, she closed her eyes, too worried to read the letter.

"I can do this." Deanna muttered to herself and took a peek. She let out a sigh of relief once she read what was the letter about.

"What is it?"

"I have my O.W.L. results."

"You have your O.W.L. results?" Aberforth came from inside the kitchen and set down the plate of hotdogs in front of Deanna. "Let's see it then."

Deanna went closer to Aberforth and Ariana so that the three of them could read her results together. "One, two, three!" She opened the letter once more and read through it properly this time.