Of Grave Importance: Final Part

Dean begins the drive to the cemetery while Sam takes out his phone to look up where Van Ness was buried. You're in the backseat with Joann and Zeus, but you have an uneasy feeling about this. Zeus has not stopped growling since he came into the car.

Something is here.

"Here we go. He's buried at the cemetery on the edge of town. The Van Ness family has its own mausoleum."

"Alright, we light up the bastard and finish him off."

Suddenly, the car accelerates from fifty miles an hour to eighty.

"Take it easy. We'll get there," Sam chuckles.

"That's not me."

That eighty then turns to one hundred, and your eyes glow bright blue. Your daughter is in the car, and you're not letting anything hurt her. Your hands shoot out in front of you, and a big forcefield extends from your hands to around the car. If you somehow manage to get into a crash, your magic will protect all that are inside.

Dean struggles to hold onto the steering wheel as it continues to move in all directions. Joanna is terrified because she can sense your panic. She starts to cry, and as much as you want to comfort her, you can't break your concentration on this. Van Ness appears right next to you and reaches over to grab the steering wheel with the intention of crashing the car.

Dean sees the look of panic on your face, and he finds every ounce of strength inside himself to bring the car to a stop. As soon as it skids to a halt, Van Ness is gone from the back seat.

"Come here, baby girl. You're okay," you comfort your daughter.

She's still crying even when you pick her up, and you hold her close to your chest and make shushing noises in her ear gently. All three of you get out of the car to address the situation. It's better to be outside than inside where Van Ness can crush the car.

"Why's he with us?!" Sam exclaims.

"I don't know. There's got to be something on us!"

Sam and Dean pat themselves down to see if there is anything extra on them when Sam feels something hard in his pocket. He pulls out a key that he never put there himself. Van Ness appears behind him and plunges a hand into his back, gripping his heart.

"Sam! Toss me the key!"

With the little strength he has, he tosses the key to you, and you grab it with one hand that's glowing with your blue magic. Your magic goes up in flames, melting the key instantly. Van Ness has no choice but to go back to the house since there is nothing here to tie him to the area. Sam falls to the ground, groaning in pain. Dean catches him before he could hit the ground, though.

"Did that do it? Did that get rid of him?" Sam groans.

"No, that only snapped him back to the house."

"Where Annie's a sitting duck, and I have a feeling he knows we know her."

"We got to find those bones. Come on. Is Joanna okay?"

"Yeah, she's just scared. Come on."

Everyone gets back into the car and Dean speeds safely over to the cemetery. It didn't take long to find the gigantic mausoleum that houses Van Ness and his family. You use your magic to break in, and you begin searching for his coffin. As soon as Dean finds it, you blast the coffin with your magic, breaking off chunks of concrete. With Van Ness in sight, Dean is able to toss some salt and a lit match into the coffin.

You can rest easy knowing this guy is never going to hurt another.

"We should get back and check on Annie," you say after a few minutes.