The Girl Next Door: Part Four

You actually slept the whole night. It's a rarity if you get to do that, but that fact that you did makes you think something is wrong. Joanna usually sleeps in until about eight in the morning, and with Dean being nothing but immobile, he's pretty much out all the time. Sam is an early riser, and whenever he gets up, you do as well.

So why weren't you woken up this morning?

You carefully get off Dean without waking him up, and the first thing you do is check on Joanna. She is still sleeping soundlessly in her crib, your dad is out so you don't have to worry about him, and Sam is nowhere to be found. Whenever he leaves to go on a run, he leaves a note, so you check for that first before freaking out.

His note is on the kitchen table, but there is something missing. You grab the note and curse under your breath when you realize what's missing: Dean's car keys. Back in a few days. I'm fine. Sam. You rush over to Dean and shake him until he wakes up.

"What?" he grumbles and rubs his eyes.

"Sam's gone."

You toss the note on his chest while you search for your phone. You know for a fact that Sam isn't going to pick up if you called, so you dial the next person on your list. Dean reads the note and curses, angry that he can't do more than just sit on his ass and let you do all the work.

"Sam's gone," you say when your dad answers.

"Where?"

"I don't know! Nowhere good, I can tell you that much."

"Well, maybe he needed a little 'me-time'."

"Dad, this isn't just Sam we're talking about. I mean, for all we know he's road tripping with Lucifer somewhere," you sigh and put him on speakerphone so Dean can hear.

"I assume you called."

"Like he's going to answer us right now."

"GPS?"

"Hang on."

Dean is already getting out his phone to check the GPS signal, and he shakes his head with an angry sigh.

"It's turned off," you sigh. "And he took Dean's car."

"What the fuck!" Dean exclaims.

"Don't panic," your dad tries, but Dean is already there.

"Too late!!"

"Look, he says he's okay, so give it a couple of days. If you don't hear from him, then Y/N can go out and look for him. Till then, we'll just keep calling."

"Alright," Dean pouts.

"Let me know if you hear anything from him," you say and hang up the phone. "You're not going to let this one go, are you?"

"Hell no."

You know what needs to be done, and if you're being honest, you're not too happy about it. With a deep sigh, you walk over to Dean and sit on the couch next to him.

"This is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you," you say and place a hand on his cast.

"What are you doing?"

"We have to find Sam, and the only way you're going to be able to do that is if this is healed. I can heal it, but it's not going to be so simple. Castiel called it 'pain transference'. I assume that if a wound is too great to heal, then the wound is transferred to me."

"No, you're not going to do that. Then your leg is going to be broken."

"But I'll heal faster. It might take a few hours, but it's better than a few days or a couple of weeks. If you want to get to Sam, this is how we're going to do it. It's up to you."