Season 7, Time for a Wedding!: Part Three

There is a CEO that just got promoted out of the blue. He was in sales and then got promoted to CEO of the whole company which is definitely strange. You and the two men got an appointment to talk to him, but he's busy with someone right now. You're waiting in the main lobby when you hear a woman practically berate the receptionist.

"Are you trying to humiliate me? It's Marsha with an 's-h-a', not a 'c-i-a'."

"I'm sorry, ma'am," the woman shrinks into herself.

Marsha leaves the desk, clearly upset. You shake off her and look at the door to the CEO's office when the door opens. Becky and Sam walk out of it with polite smiles on their faces. No fucking way.

"Hey, is that your—"

"Yes," you and Dean say at the same time.

"Awkward."

You get up and approach the disgusting couple, smiling sweetly at them. Becky gives you an unfriendly face, and that makes you lose your smile. She walks away so that Sam can have alone time with you and Dean. However, as she passes by you, you use your magic to tug on her hair... hard. She gasps and turns to look at you, and you kind of flinch toward her to scare her, and it works. She huffs in annoyance and turns around, quickly making her exit.

"There's no point in going in. The guy's clean," Sam shrugs.

"You sure?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Positive. Becky grilled him like a pro. She's a real natural."

"Yeah, well, if you don't mind, we'd like to ask him for ourselves," you sneer.

"Knock yourself out. What's with the scrawny guy?" Sam asks, gesturing to Garth.

"Temp."

You, Dean, and Garth all head inside the office once the secretary says you can go in. The man, Mr. Burrows, looks like he is about to blow his brains out from how bored/tired he is. He seems like he never really wanted the job in the first place. If that's true, then who's happiness is at stake here?

"Throw a rock, hit a reporter these days, eh?" Mr. Burrows chuckles.

"Well, your story's a big deal over at the Actuarial Insider," Dean lies.

"Go ahead."

"How did you get this job?" you start off.

"The board came to me and asked. I said yes."

"Just out of the blue?"

"Pretty much."

"Do you have any idea how the board landed on you over your supervisors?"

"Um, they didn't say."

"Could you tell us what specifically excited the board about your actual qualifications?" Dean asks the next question.

"Say, folks, what's with the third degree?" he chuckles nervously.

"Oh, uh, no offense. We were just wondering if you got here by nefarious means," Garth blurts.

"Garth," you hiss.

"Oh. Uh, I-I didn't mean, of course, corporate backstabbing–I'm sorry. I meant more like, uh, you know, black magic or hoodoo."

"He jokes. He's a–he's a jokester," Dean laughs, and you laugh along with him to prove that point. "Let's, uh, rewind. Why don't you tell us what it felt like when your big dream came true?"

"Look, on the record, it's great."

"Off the record?" you ask.

"It's not my big dream."