Chapter 75 Make up

Emily Pov

I walk around aimlessly, I thought about so many things, I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a bunch of girls murmuring and looking my way, they didn't keep their voice low, I think they want me to hear what they are saying...

I heard she give birth to three kids without knowing who their father might be, a girl said while another girl said, No, I heard it two, but those kids are really poor having a prostituted has their mother, the girl said. Wait it not like that, I think I heard some of her class mate said she just disappear after their final year, maybe she was raped for dressing like, you know, another girl said while the rest bust out in laughter's. Hey, what if she report us to lieutenant, another girl said and they continue laughing.

I couldn't take it anymore and walk out of there, I couldn't stop there voice in my head their words keep repeating in my head, it keep taunting me. My eyes her blurry, so as my vision. I just keep walking not knowing where am going. I don't know how I find my way to my room. I lock the door and cry my eyes out. I thought I could forget about that night, I never wanted to remember it, it was a stain I could never clean in my life. When ever I look at my kids, I never remember that night because I always thought to myself that, they are my product, they aren't the product of that night.

That night was my worst nightmares, I don't know how long have been crying, but I stop and raise up my head when I heard a knock, I clean my face and clear my throat. Who's that? Open up, I heard Jace said. I should be happy right, but I don't know why am scared, I don't know why am shaking. What if he found out I was raped or maybe he has already found out. If he knows I was raped, it will be a stain to his name and there will never be us. Emily open up, he said once again.

I look at my face in the mirror and put on some light makeup. I open the door. He look at me strangely, he eye me up and down. What? I ask in my usual self trying to composed myself. But he walk in not saying anything. I let out a breath of relief, but I heard him say, not yet. I rest my back on the door and also ask, what, not yet? You shouldn't have a sign of relief yet, he said looking at me dead in the eyes.

I thought he didn't figure out anything but I guess am wrong. Come over here, he said and I went to him. I sit down on the sofa opposite to him. What happened? He question immediately. I did not have the gut to look him straight in the eyes. Nothing, I said trying to sound normal. Am not buying that, he said still staring at me. Nothing, am saying the truth, I said and cover my mouth with my hands. He put his and behind the sofa. Truth about what? He question.

Why are you even interrogating me, am not a criminal, I said try to piss him off so that he won't question me. He raise up his hands, ok, fine. Where are you going? He ask. Am not going anywhere am about to sleep, I said dismissively. Hmm, he hum and look at me before saying. You rarely but on a makeup when we are going out, but you are now telling me, you want to sleep with a makeup on your face.