Chapter 14 Going home

Jace Miller Pov

It being 6 months since that incident, I did not bother going home, ever since that day. I stay at the army camp, I have my own house there. I don't leave where others leave, I leave separate. It just a shame that I couldn't find that girl, I could have known her, if I wasn't angry at my parents and brother, I thought it the girl they arrange for me, but when I get home and ask, they said I sent the girl out. I could not remember what really took place that day because I was drug.

I was brought out of my thoughts when there is a knock, come in, I said. Sir, he salute before saying, you have a guest Sir. You can leave. I went out to see my grandfather. Grandpa what are you doing here. You silly brat, you are asking me what am doing here, when did you plan on coming home?

Grandpa you should understand I don't want to come home, I said. Why won't you come home? You should forget about that incident, your parents also blame themselves, and you are also the cause of it, if you bring home a daughter-in-law, they won't go to that extent, you are almost 30, he said.

Grandpa don't mixed it, am 24 not 30, I correct. You brat what the difference between the two, he said. There is a huge difference grandpa. Your parents are just worried about you, you should also bring home a daughter-in-law. He said. They should worry about big bro, he his almost 30, why isn't he married yet, I ask. They don't want your life to turn out like his... Grandpa that enough why are you here, I ask. Am here to ask you to come home this weekend, what did you expect, he also said irritated.

I'm busy, I said not wanting to give up first. Have talk with your superior, you can come home this weekend he said.

My grandpa his also a retired army, not just ordinary army, a General. Ok fine, am coming, I said clearly irritated. My parents know I won't say known to my grandpa that the reason they ask him to persuade me. I sent my grandpa off, before busying myself with work. Lieutenant Jace hope it going well, James said. James his one of my best buddy. Why don't you go home since all this months, don't tell me Anty and Uncle are disturbing you. When are you going to bring me a granddaughter, when will I see my grandkids, the house is too boring, he said, mickey my Mom.

We both laugh before walking out. We went to eat before going our separate way. When I get inside, I went to freshing up, before laying down on my bed. It not because of me getting married, that I did not want to go home, my father always want me to take over the company. Which I don't want to.

The next morning, I wakeup as early as 4:00 I went to the training ground, to train my team. They are all set when I get their. We train for some time, before I left them to their work. I went to freshing up, before preparing myself to go home.

I went into my car and drive out of the camp. The camp is in the out stretch of B country... it take me 3 hour's to get to the city. When I get to the city, it still take me another 30 minutes to reach the old mansion. When I get home, if I don't know well, I will have thought we are having a celebration. Because the dining table is a feast.