Chapter 31 Eat with me tonight

Emily Pov

I don't know why am attached to him, maybe because I don't have a friend and when I got one, I just feel like behaving like myself. When we are done eating, we both sit down on the couch, I turn to face him when I know he his staring at me and his gaze feel intense. What, did I got something on my face? I ask.

Have never seen a girl as pretty as you, he said. But I feel irritated when he said that, his he close to me just because he see that am pretty, my parents never really care about me, they just care about my beauty. I will get going, I said not waiting for his reply.

I hate it when someone see me because of my beauty. Why can't they see me because of me. I want to go to my room when someone call me. I turn around to see it Kim. Where are you going he ask. To my room... It remain ten minutes before the training start why don't we go.

Ok, I said. Have already forget about the training. We both walk to the training ground, everyone is already present, why do they always come here early, they can't tell me it because the training is this important, I greet the rest of the group on getting there expect Jill and sherry.

What training are we doing today, I ask. shooting Kim said. They all went into position expect me. I look at them, you can tell that they are good in this. Lieutenant Jace also join us. Come over here, he call me. He hand over a gun to me. I point the gun to the target, I shoot it so many times but I miss the target. Am about to give up, when I felt a presence behind me, you should relax your shoulder, he put his hand on mine and guard me on how to shoot the gun.

The training continue like that for some time, I also already knows how to shoot without missing my target, even if am not good at it yet. He dismiss everyone except me. Lieutenant Jace what work can I do for you, I ask not liking the way he stare at me, his gaze is so intense that I almost feel my leg shaking.

Am sorry about earlier, he said. It nothing, I said, I can't believe my ears. Did I just said it nothing, seriously? Eat with me tonight, he said. I don't think I can, what if I get use to the food at your house and I hate the food at the cafeteria what am I going to do then, I said jokingly.

You can come eat at my place at anytime you want, he also said with a smile. Am going to hold you to that, I said.. sure, he also said and we both walk away.

The rest of the days continue like that, today's Friday and am going home, am supposed to go home tomorrow but lieutenant Jace his going home today, when I told him I feel like going home today, he said he his also going home that he will drop me home. I sit in his office while I wait for him to get some things done.

I snapped out of my daze when I heard, let go. I stand up From my sit and walk out with him, side by side. He open the car door for me, I look into his eyes for a seconds before muttering a thank you. I sit down while he close the door and sit down in the driver sit.

Instead of him to start the car, he keep staring at me. What? Did I have a dirt on my face?