Chapter 44 Bet

Jace Pov

I can tell she's disturb from the look on her face. I see a single tears drop From her eyes. Hey Emily look at me, I said. But she shake her head and clean her face. Sorry, am ok, she said.

Please start the car, I did to go and meet my kids, she said. Am about to start the car, when she received a call. Hello she said. I did not know what the other party tell her, but all I know is that she's shaking.

She hang up the call. Please take me to the city hospital she said. I did not ask her what happen and drive there. It not even up to an hour since we left there and we are going back there again...

It only takes me 16 minutes to reach there, on getting there, she get down from the car and run into the hospital, I also follow her. We get to the ward, she open it without saying anything. I also enter, there are three kids here, a little girl lay down on the hospital bed while two boys and two old people are looking at the girl.

Emily went beside the girl and check on her. It just a fever the old lady said. Everyone have their attention on Emily and the girl, they did not even notice if someone follows her he. I snapped out of my mind when I heard, Who are you? One of the little boy ask.

But wait why does he look like me, when I was little, he his just like the smaller version of me, I think I saw him earlier when he said let my sister go, I snapped out of my daze when everyone now have there attention on me.

He his my superior, Emily said. Oh, the little boy said like he get it now, why does he behave like me when I was little, I brush it off my mind. I sit down on the sofa beside her grandparents I think. You must be Mr. Brock's, I said extending my hands to Mr. Brock for a hand shake.

He shake my hand and said, and you are, he ask. Jace Miller, I said. Oh! You are that old man grandson, he said. I shake my head yes. Hope you are taking care of my granddaughter, he ask me. I will sir, I said.

Ok we are going to leave you guys then, Emily let talk. She follow her grandparents out while the two kids look at me with a judgemental eyes. It like they are trying to find fought with me.

What your name I ask them. Am Jake and this is Jace, the boy name Jake said. Oh! So you are my namesake, I said with a chuckle. They both said nothing and continue looking at me. If you keep on frowning like this, you will become old in two or three days, I said and they both laugh.

That like it I said and we all laugh, why did you guys keep frowning when I come in, I ask. It not like our mom to get close with anyone, Jake said. Oh! Ok tell me about her, I said. If you want to know about her why don't you ask her? Jace said like he knows what am getting at.

You are really smart, but you can't out smart me, I said with a smile on my face. Let wait and see, he said. I know I look like a fool having a bet with a kid, but I just don't know why I like him, I just want him to talk, and also smile like Jake did, I just don't know why I care so much about Emily and her kids..