chapter 92

February 7th, 2022

JADEN'S P.O.V.

"I just feel like this is you and me thing to do. Take showers together. Although we can't have sex, I just feel like it's more special if I tell you things in shower than anywhere else. Because we don't have showers with anyone else."
"What do you want to tell me?"
"How proud I am of you. And how thankful I am for you." She said, driving a pattern on my chest.

"I am so thankful for everything you have done for me. Since I've met you. I know I haven't given you much love for the past month, but I swear I love you so much. And I know it looks like I just say it and don't show it, but I'm gonna make it up to you. I promise. And I'm so proud of how far you've gotten. Even through such a rough time, you managed not to relapse. I know what all has been going through your head, even though you didn't tell me. And the ways you cope with it. I'm proud that you didn't give up. Life has been so hard to you, and yet you never gave up on it, even when you wanted."
"What do you mean my ways to cope?"
"Lemon. I'm not stupid, I saw what you were and are doing."

Can I do one thing that she won't find out about? No, because she knows me too well.

"I love you so much." I whispered before connecting our lips.

"I love you."

I smiled at her as I pulled her closer to me, in a tight hug.

"I wanna wash your hair. I haven't done that in long time."
"Okay." I smiled as I let her wash my hair.

I missed this. I missed us. We really weren't ourselves for past few weeks. We still aren't. But this moment is just showing that we definitely didn't lose our sparkle, we just need time to heal.

"What's with that smile on your face?"
"I don't know. I'm happy. I missed us."
"Me too. But we are getting through this, just like you said a month ago. Now we have probably went through the worst period, and it's getting better every day."
"Yeah."

Once we showered and dressed up, Olivia told me to go out and that she will quickly finish washing her hair so I can be with the kids.

I really miss spending whole days with Josh and Alyssa. And I know it won't ever be the same like it was now that we have another little baby, but I'm sure as hell that I want to spend as much time with them that I can.

I know they are probably feeling neglected too.

"Hey." I smiled as I walked up the stairs, making Josh run up to me.

I picked him up and held him tight as he clung onto my neck.

"I love you daddy."
"I love you bub." I walked over to the couch where Alyssa was sitting alone as everyone else was on different couches.

"Where's Liv?"
"She will be out of the shower in few minutes."
"Okay."
"Hey baby." I said as I squeezed Alyssa's arm as Josh climbed off my lap and sat beside me.

"Hi."
"Whatcha doing?"
"Watching Geronimo."
"Oh I see." I picked her up and sat her on my lap while hugging her.

"I love you. And I missed you." I whispered as I kissed her cheek multiple times, making her giggle.

"Shh shh, we're watching Geronimo." Josh said as Alyssa placed a finger on my mouth.

I had Josh snuggled against my side, while Alyssa was snuggled into my chest.

Now I just need Olivia to come here and my heart will be complete. Well, not really because Lilly is in fact in hospital currently, but still.

"Happy birthday." Olivia whispered in my ear as she kissed my cheek, while Josh and Alyssa jumped up on me.

Olivia wasn't happy at all with the fact that Josh and Alyssa were up at such late hours, but since they found out it's my birthday, they wouldn't agree to go with the fact before it's 12:00am.

I wasn't happy with it either, but Olivia is the more serious parent between two of us. And she likes to keep everything in some type of schedule. Kids have exact time that they are having a shower, she likes to have breakfast and lunch at the same time every day, and she is very serious about her laundry. I, on the other hand, think that everything should be done when we want it, but whatever she says I'll listen.

Everyone wished me a happy birthday before Josh and Alyssa finally came with the terms it's time for them to sleep.

They were barely even awake, but kept their acts to what they said.

Alyssa already attended Olivia's and Josh's birthday, so she already knew that Josh and Olivia have a little tradition of congratulating their birthdays at midnight.

Olivia told me she actually used to change time on her phone and on the iPad so Josh would think it's midnight because he is too young. But since Olivia and I already got home late, it was no use at changing time on the phone.

I put the kids to their beds tonight, so they only kissed Olivia in the living room and then went to their rooms to wait for me to tuck them in.

"Good night princess, sleep tight. Night night Mr. Brown."
"Night night Denny." I kissed her forehead and nose before walking out of the room and making my way to Josh's.

"Are you tired?"
"No." Josh said as he stopped yawning when I walked in the room.

"Okay, but you gotta try to sleep for me now. Will you?"
"Only because it's you daddy." He said with a smile, making me chuckle.

I tucked him under the covers and placed the kiss on his forehead and 'my place' before getting up to leave the room.

"You missed one place daddy."
"Oh, how could I forget." I bent down and placed a little kiss on his lips, making him smile.

"Okay, now you sleep chicky."
"Okay, night night daddy."
"Night night baby."

I walked out of the room and saw Olivia waiting for me on the couch alone.

"They went to bed?"
"Yeah."
"Okay, it's time for our bed too." I picked her up, making her almost squeal as she held onto me tight.

"Let me down Jaden."
"No, I won't." I kissed her cheek, walking in our room.

"Here." I laid her down on the bed, taking off her slippers before climbing on top of her and placing multiple kisses over her face.

"I love you so much."
"I love you more."
"I'll let it slide only because it's your birthday today. Now c'mon, lay down, it's time to sleep."

I climbed under the covers and snuggled up to her as we both laid on out sides.

"Goodnight my love."
"Goodnight."

──────── ·  · ✦ ·  · ────────