chapter 69

November 1st, 2021

OLIVIA'S P.O.V.

Even though I fell asleep before Jaden, my sleep wasn't deep. I could hear everything that happened around me. Even Jaden snoring.

So when I heard a scream, I immediately ran out of the room and made my way to Alyssa's room.

I walked through the doors and went over to her bed.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked, when I realized she was crying with her eyes closed as she held tight on the big teddy while her body slightly shook, "It's okay, it's okay, come here." I reassured as I picked her up and held her as tight as I could while rubbing her back and holding her head on my shoulder.

"Was it a bad dream sweetheart?" She nodded her head, making me kiss her.

"It's okay, mommy's here. I promise it was just a dream. I'll keep you safe." She clung tighter onto me as she still cried.

"Shh shh, you're safe. You're in a safe place, I won't let anyone touch you. I love you so much munchkin." She slowly started calming down as I kept whispering nice things to her.

I started singing a song, over and over again until she fell asleep.

I brought her to Jaden's and my room, closing the doors behind me.

She didn't let go of my body while I was trying to set her down in the bed, so I had to manage to lay down with her wrapped around me.

Somehow, I managed to move her leg so I wasn't laying on it, but I still held her close to me.

I kissed her head few times, before I let the sleep overcome me.

"Where's Ally?" That's the first thing I said when I looked at Jaden.

"In her bed?" He looked at me confused as he moved my hair from my face.

I shook my head as I got up and walked out of the room.

"Ally baby, there you are." She looked up at me and waved a little.

"When did you wake up?"
"I don't know. You were sweeping?"
"Yeah, I know. Are you okay now baby? You wanna tell me what were you dreaming last night?" I asked as I sat beside her and ran my hand up and down her back. She didn't move away.

"No."
"You sure?" She nodded her head.

"Can I hug you?" She nodded her head, making me wrap my arms around her. It took her a moment to hug me back, but she eventually did.

"I love you so much baby. I don't know what you've been through, but I just wanna tell you that you're a strong little girl. And that this is your safe place now, I promise. And I just want you to know that I won't do anything bad to you. Nor I will let anyone do something bad to you. I'll protect you at all costs." I said as my throat slightly started hurting as I tried not to cry.

She nodded her head and climbed up on my lap. She moved her butt slightly as she was bent enough to hug my tummy, making me smile as I stroked her hair.

I looked up where I saw Jaden leaned on the wall with big smile on his face.

I smiled back before looking down at Alyssa.

"Wanna help me make breakfast?" She nodded her head before getting up from my lap.

"What does my princess want for breakfast today?"
"Pancakes." I nodded my head and kissed her, taking everything out.

"Good morning little princess." Jaden tried to kiss Alyssa, but she tried to move her head away from him.

"No morning kiss for me?" He looked at her with puppy eyes, but she just shook her head.

"Owi," She called me, making me turn around. She made grabby hands, making me pick her up.

The whole time I was making pancakes she sat right beside me and refused to move.

How she changes on the daily.

By the time pancakes were nearly done, Josh bounded into the kitchen.

"Daddy!" He squealed as he ran up to Jaden, making him pick Josh up.

"Morning chicky."
"Mmm, mommy's making pancakes." I turned around and looked at him with smile on my face.

"J, will you feed Yola?"
"Yeah." Jaden set him back on the floor, letting him run to the other side of the kitchen island.

Yola immediately ran up to her bowl when Josh poured in her food.

He patted her head before going back to Jaden.

When it was time to eat, Alyssa refused to let Jaden sit next to her and feed her.

"Ally why are you doing this? Baby, you chose this food." Jaden tried to make her eat food, but she was constantly just backing away from him.

She made grabby hands for me, making me set her in my lap as Jaden sighed.

"I don't want him to feed me." She whispered in my ear as she clung onto my body.

"Okay, can I feed you?" I whispered, making her nod.
"Okay." I whispered, kissing her head as I moved her on my lap.

I looked at Jaden and the look in his eyes told me everything. He was just heartbroken.

"Jae?"
"Yeah?" I walked inside of the bathroom, seeing him splash water on his face as it seemed red. He was definitely crying.

"Hey baby." I wrapped my arms around his torso as I rested the left side of my face on his back.

He dried his face, making me turn him around so I could look him in the eyes.

They were bloodshot red.

"I love you so so much." His eyes became more watery as he looked down at me. He was biting his lip, obviously trying to stop his chin from trembling.

"Baby, c'mon, talk to me," I said climbing up on the sink and pulling him between my legs.

"I just-" He started, but broke down crying the same moment, making me pull him in my chest.

"It's okay, love, let it out." I sighed, holding his head on my shoulder while my other hand rubbed his back.

──────── ·  · ✦ ·  · ────────