chapter 39

April 12th, 2021

JADEN'S P.O.V.

Olivia and I sat in the car, waving to Josh before driving off. We left him home with Robert inside, so we could go pick up the puppy.

I'm still not over the fact that we are making out family bigger. We are getting a puppy and we are going to apply for fostering. She explained me little more about it that night, and I think it's amazing idea since we can't adopt kid. Plus I have a surprise coming up, so I'm also excited about it.

I placed my hand on her thigh and tapped my thumb to the beat of the song while mumbling the lyrics as I looked at the road in front of me.

"You excited?" Her voice echoed through my ears, making me turn my head to look at her.
"About puppy?"
"Yeah."
"Yeah, I am. Honestly."
"I'm too." She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile too as I looked back at the road.

"GPS says that we are going here."
"Hopefully." I said as I parked in front of a house before I turned off the engine.

We both undid our belts before getting out of the car. She grabbed my hand, giving it a little squeeze as she tried to calm down her nervousness.

I knocked on the doors as we waited for woman to open them.

"Hello, how may I help you?" She asked with a smile on her face as she opened the doors enough that we could see her head.

"Hi, I'm Olivia. This is my boyfriend, Jaden. I called you about female puppy of Saint Bernand."
"Oh, oh yeah, I remember. I'm Marissa, come in."

I let Olivia talk as she was the one who previously communicated with the woman.

We shook our hands and made our way to her backyard.

We talked to her a little about puppies as she explained us everything about them. She was very nice.

We chose a puppy before paying her. She gave us some food for the puppy that would last few weeks before we left.

"Ahh, she's so adorable." Olivia squealed as she pat the puppy's head.
"Yeah she is."

We buckled our seat belts before I drove us back to the house.

"Goshh, he is gonna be so happy."
"I'm gonna record him." I smiled as I took away puppy from her hands so she'd be able to record him.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

I stayed a little back, hearing her say hi to him, before I walked in living room.

He squealed as he ran over to me and tried to grab puppy from my hands.

I slowly crouched down and held the puppy for him as he pat her head.

"Who does he belong to?"
"It's a girl. And it's yours." Olivia said as we both smiled widely.

"Wait, really?!"
"Yeah." I chuckled nodding my head.

He started running around the room before sitting down in front of me and playing with the puppy that I let down on the floor.

I saw his little chin quivering, making me lower my head so I could see if he is crying.

"Chicky why are you crying?"
"I wanted puppy so bad. Thank you chicky's."  He cried as he hugged me, making me laugh a little.

I don't know what happened with our pat name 'chicky'. Olivia and I kinda started using it time to time, and then we soon both started calling Josh like that, so now it's just a pet name we use. But he never called us like that. He probably got it from Olivia and me.

"It's okay baby, don't cry."  Olivia said in her soft voice when Josh walked over to her and engulfed her in a hug.

"You got a new best friend now. Don't let her be alone now, she is really scared."

He walked over to the puppy who was laying down on the ground. It was really normal for puppies to act that way on their first night. She was just taken away from her mom and siblings, she'll need time to adopt to new environment.

"You wanna give her water? She must be thirsty." He nodded his head and followed Olivia to kitchen.

She poured water in a bowl before handing it to him and he slowly walked back over to puppy, making sure that he doesn't spill the water.

"C'mon puppy, I got you water."

She slightly ignored him as she started playing with his hood that had some red material on it that stands up when he puts it on his head so he looks like a dinosaur. Well, he doesn't really, but imagination is very important key.

He started giggling as he tried to push her off his back.

"Are you going to name her?" I asked him as both Olivia and I sat on the floor and watched them.

"Hmm," He dropped the whole situation with hoodie so he could think, "Yola."
"Yola?"
"Yes!" He giggled as he started running around with puppy following behind him.

I looked at Olivia and both of us giggled. We both were so happy to see Josh happy. Because that's what every child deserves. To be happy.

"Josh, you wanna go to shower her? She kinda smells."
"Don't be mean mommy."
"I- I wasn't trying to be mean. She needs to be showered so she could stay inside." Olivia said, shocked that Josh said that.

I laughed as I threw my head back, making both of them laugh too.

"Okay, I'll give her a bath." Josh picked up Yola and ran to his room, making Olivia and me to run after him.

"Josh, wait."
"What? Can't we even shower in peace?" He looked at me with annoyed look on his face.

"J, you really gotta cut that little attitude, okay?"
"Sorry." He immediately looked down on the floor as he held puppy who tried so badly to get out of his grip.

Good thing with him being too attached to Olivia and loving her so much is that he always listen to what she says. Even if that's not what he want, he'll listen to her. Don't get me wrong, he listens to me too, but there's a different connection between Olivia and him. And I adore it.

"Let her down in the shower, she doesn't want to be held like that." He slowly set the puppy down in his bath.

"We'll wash her with one of your shower gels so she smells nice, but we'll buy her her own shampoo tomorrow, okay?"
"Yeah. Can we use this one?"
"Yeah."

Olivia set up the water on temperature that should be used for puppies, while I held Yola so she doesn't run away.

"Why can't you sit still, Yola? Be a good girl."

There was no reason for Olivia and me to snap our heads towards each other that fast when he said that. We both laughed, making Josh laugh with us, even though he didn't know the reason to our laughing.

"She is scared of water. This is new for her."
"Oh."

I held the puppy while Olivia told Josh where to sip the gel on her, before she started washing puppy.

"She's so funny!" Josh giggled as puppy was now all white with bubbles on her.

Once Olivia was done, she turned off the water and picked up puppy from my hands with a towel to dry her a little.

She sat down on the floor as she tried the puppy as much as she could, before I brought her a hair dryer from our room.

──────── ·  · ✦ ·  · ────────