chapter 88

December 30th, 2021

3RD PERSON

"Hey guys." Jaden smiled as he opened the doors of their home, being engulfed in hug by Addison again.

She squeezed him hard enough, in a reassuring way as she kissed his cheek.

Soon Nessa and Bryce hugged with him too, before going inside of the house.

"Just shh until we get up the stairs. Josh doesn't know you're here."
"Where's Liv?"
"I'm pretty sure with Alyssa in the bathroom."
"Okay."

Jaden walked up the stairs, being followed by Bryce, Addison and Nessa.

Bryce sneaked behind Josh's back as he was singing a Christmas song and playing with his toys.

"This goes here?" Bryce said placing a toy on top of Josh's little castle that he built up.

"No, daddy- Bry!" He jumped from the floor, jumping up on Bryce and wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Hey buddy!" Just then, Olivia walked out of the bathroom with Alyssa behind her, holding her hand.

"Olivia." Addison whispered, rushing over to Olivia before pulling her in a tight hug.

Addison is definitely the most emotional one here. She was always so close to both Jaden and Olivia. And what Olivia and Jaden had to go through really upset her.

"Hey." Olivia whispered in Addison's neck while Addison kissed her head.

When they pulled away, Bryce engulfed Olivia in hug as she noticed Nessa crouched beside Jaden and Alyssa while trying to meet with little girl.

"Hey little sister. I don't wanna see you all depressed now, understand? I'm here now to be a comedian, because I don't wanna see no tears on your face. Understood?" Bryce mumbled on top of Olivia's head, making her nod as she had to hold back her tears.

"Hey, Liv." Nessa pulled her in a hug, rocking them from side to side a little. Pulling away and cupping Olivia's face, she looked Olivia's in the eyes before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I missed you."
"I missed you too. All of you."

"Owi." Alyssa whispered, pulling Olivia's hand as she was trying to avoid everyone.

"Hey chicky." Olivia crouched down and placed a kiss on Alyssa's head.

"Let me introduce you, baby. Can I? These are your aunties, Nessa and Addison, but we call them Ness and Addi. And this big idiot here is your uncle Bryce. When we don't refer to him as a pig, he is Bry." Alyssa studied all of them as she had Olivia on one her side and Jaden on other.

"You wanna say hi to them?"
"Hi." Alyssa whispered before hiding her face in Jaden's neck.

"She's adorable."
"Okay guys, sit where you like and tell me what do you want to drink." Jaden said as he stood up with Alyssa wrapped around him and then helped Olivia to get up.

"Oo is that Jaden being a waitress." Bryce joked, making Olivia chuckle.

Everybody said what they wanted, but Olivia got up to help Jaden, before Nessa followed too.

"Livvy, I don't need help. It's alright, I got this."
"I know but you can't do all that with Ally in your hands."
"Yes I can."
"Liv, I'll help him. Don't worry. Maybe it's better if you take Ally somewhere where she feels the most safe until she calms down a little? She seems too overwhelmed?" Nessa whispered in Olivia's ear, making Olivia sigh.

"Yeah, okay. Ally, you wanna come with me to do something baby? Hm?"
"Yeah."
"C'mere."
"Liv-"
"Shh shh." Olivia shut Jaden up, walking past everyone to Alyssa's room.

"Why awe we hewe?"
"I could see you were really scared and overwhelmed baby. But I promise you, neither one of those three people that are new to you won't do anything bad to you. I know you just met them and it's hard for you."
"I'm sowwy fow wuining evewything."
"You didn't ruin anything, munchkin. Do you know daddy and I don't want anything bad happening to you?"
"Yeah."
"Do you think we'd ever willingly let you near bad person that could harm you in any way?"
"N-no."
"Yeah, that's right. We'd never ever ever let anyone near you knowing that they can harm you. These people are our family, they're all really great. They wanna spend some time with us because we haven't seen each other for few months now. And plus on thta they really really wanted to meet you. Do you think you could give them a chance? You don't need to let you guard down right when we go out of the room, but don't hold it too up against them, okay? Can you do that for me?"
"I'w twy."
"Thank you. I really appreciate that."

Olivia pulled Alyssa closer to her, holding her head as she hugged her.

"Can I take Yowa to the yawd. Pwease?"
"Yeah, you can. Give me a kiss." Olivia bent down and waited for Alyssa to place a kiss on her cheek. Once she did, Olivia kissed her her cheek and went out of the room with Alyssa behind her.

Yola followed Alyssa out to yard, making Josh look up at Olivia.

"Where are they going?"
"Ally wanted to go to the yard."
"Can I go with them?"
"I don't know, can you?" Olivia smiled, making Josh wiggle out of Nessa's lap.

He ran out, screaming Alyssa's name, making all of them chuckle.

"She's adorable."
"She is. She does struggle a lot with letting people near her, but we're slowly going to work through it."

They talked a little, about everything, including the baby.

"Can I see the picture?"
"Of course. Let me just-" Olivia found a picture on her phone before handing it to Addison and Nessa.

"Oh my God, she's so small."
"She's adorable. Look at her little hands. Bry, look." Addison tapped Bryce's shoulder, making him turn around.

"Oh my- is this Lilly?"
"Yeah."
"She's adorable. Did they talk to you about walking in and holding her or something?"
"They said that we will be able to walk in in few days, but I don't think we'll be able to hold her any time soon."
"Oh. Have you guys went there today?"
"Yeah, we did. In the morning."
"You know, now that we are here you can spend as much time there as they let you. I know you had a trouble with that because of Ally, but we are here now."
"Thank you guys, really."
"Don't thank us. That's what family is for."

──────── ·  · ✦ ·  · ────────