chapter 45

April 14th, 2021

JADEN'S P.O.V.

*flashback*
"Maria, it's 3rd. You need to cut Jaden's nails." I heard my dad say to his girlfriend.

I tried to hide, making her only drag me by my hair back downstairs.

"Let me go!"
"Listen to your father." Her high pitched voice echoed in my ears.

"Please let me cut them on my own."
"No. Shut up now." She slapped me as she set me down on the couch.

She started cutting my nails, going too far and cutting my nerves. She does that every time. How am I supposed to wear shoes?

"Don't fucking cry! Or the next thing I will cut will be your dick."

I tried to calm down my screams, as blood went down my hands and feet.

"You're hurting me!"
"No, you're just being dramatic."

Once she was done, she made me walk back to my room. And to make it worse to my pain, I tripped on steps as I walked. Not just that pain on my fingers that I smashed got worse, but my face fell right on the edge of the step, breaking my teeth.
*end of flashback*

"I'm sorry love."
"Not like it's your fault." I shrugged. By now, the tears for all those events were deeply buried inside of me, and I don't let myself cry about it.

"I know, but you didn't deserve that."

She got closer to me, pulling me in a hug. I placed my cigarette in the ashtray before hugging her back.

"I love you so much."
"I love you more."
"Hi!" Josh beamed through the house, Yola of course running after him, thinking he is playing with her.

"Hello little prince. Why don't you have a shirt?"
"Daddy never does and you don't tell him anything."

I had to manage my chuckle, and it was noticeable that Olivia did it too.

"Does daddy have a shirt on now?"
"Yeah."
"So?"
"Ugh." He ran off to his closet.

"Why does his daddy have a shirt? Because his mommy decided to ruin daddy's back and make a dark ass hickey on his shoulder." I teased as I looked at her, taking my cigarette back in my hand.

"That was for his sake."
"Who's?"
"Josh's. He doesn't want to hear his mommy getting railed." She shrugged, making me burst into laughter. She was quick to join me, before Josh got back.

"Great color combination." Olivia said as Josh climbed up on my lap.
"I know." He said proud of himself.

He was wearing dark green pajamas, and managed to get on orange shirt. But, you know, at least he won't get sick.

"I'm hungry mommy."
"Okay, let me just quickly finish my coffee and I'll make breakfast."
"Okay, Imma play with Yola."
"Give me a kiss." He leaned and kissed Olivia's cheek, before kissing mine.

"You don't want a kiss from me?"
"You and daddy are gonna kiss me at the same time. Daddy left one, you right one."

He tapped his cheeks with his finger, making us lean in and kiss him at the same time as he smiled.

Not long after, he ran off back in the house and played with Yola.

Olivia was making breakfast while I opened laptop, to log in my email that I use for work. But as soon as I turned it on, new mail popped up.

"Olivia!"
"Jesus Christ Jaden, you want me to die?"
"They texted back!"
"Huh? Who texted who?"
"They answered us!"

I jumped up and picked her up. I already read that they wanted to do a online meeting with us, meaning that we were already taking steps into this.

I'm pretty sure she didn't know what I was talking about, but I was too excited to stop and explain.

"Jaden!" She squealed as I spun her around.

"Wait- what happened?" She managed to say between every peck I placed on her lips.

"They want a online meeting. They answered us."
"Wait, who? Foster- Oh my God!"

Look of shock appeared on her face as she hugged me tightly.

"I want a hug too!" Josh said, his voice filled with excitement as he stood beside us.

I picked him up and spun him around, making him giggle.

Maybe you'd say I'm overreacting, but I want more kids so bad. I want to have a big family. At least three kids, but I'd prefer 4 or 5. But it's probably never gonna happen.

I didn't want kids at all through my life. And then I met Olivia. Then I wamted two kids. Boy and a girl. And then I met Josh. I don't know what has gotten in me, but I want 4 kids. I never told that Olivia though.

Olivia sat on the chair and read over the email we received.

"We need to answer right now."

I set the Josh back to the floor, making him run off to his toys and Yola.

Olivia typed in the message as we talked. They were quick to answer us in next fifteen minutes, agreeing for the meeting to be tomorrow at 4pm.

"Daddy?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you staying home today?"
"Mhmm."
"You wanna go out with me to play?"
"We're first gonna have breakfast and then you can go and play." Olivia said as she got up to set up the breakfast.
"Yay!"

Once we ate, Josh got dressed in his regular clothes for outside and I just got on my flip-flops before we went out to yard with Yola. Olivia wanted to stay in the house for a bit, because she wanted to do laundry.

I pretended to fall down on the grass as Josh and I played with Laser Tag.

"Oo you got me!"
"Hehe, daddy you're a loser." He stuck out his tongue as he stood right over me.

"Did you just call your dad a loser?" I gasped, putting my hand on my chest as I sat up.

"Yeah. But you know I love you." He kissed me, as he placed his hand on mine.

"You little- get back here!" I quickly got up as I realized he was just distracting me to press a button on a Laser Tag and then run away.

Well, at least he got my genes for that.

──────── ·  · ✦ ·  · ────────