chapter 74

December 3rd, 2021

JADEN'S P.O.V.

I immediately turned around, thinking she might have fell of something.

"Olivia, what are you doing?" She had her hand on her lower back as she was trying to catch her back.

She brought a big, heavy box to the place we are bringing all of the boxes, making me immediately get mad.

"Olivia, what did I fucking tell you? If you don't remember, I told you to only help me to pack some light stuff, but not to carry the goddamn heavy box. Are you out of your mind?!"
"Jaden, I'm not disabled. I can carry stuff."
"The baby in your tummy is enough for you to carry. Why do you fucking need to make it harder, Liv? Think about yourself, for fucks sake. Think about the baby. Don't carry these damn boxes. Leave them where they are, and I'll carry them out."
"You're kinda overreacting now."
"Maybe, but I don't want you carrying these boxes."
"Okay, I won't carry them anymore, if that makes you feel better."
"It does."
"Mommy, don't carry heavy stuff. You don't wanna get sick." Josh walked up to Olivia, tapping her leg.

"Don't worry chicky, I won't get sick."
"But you gotta promise not to carry heavy stuff."
"I promise you."
"Good." Josh smiled before walking away.

"Are there any other boxes that are full?"
"Yeah, in the room."

I nodded my head as I walked past her to our bedroom.

I might have overreacted, but she's 5 months pregnant and I don't want anything to happen to baby. I know she doesn't want either, obviously, but it's just that she thinks she can do everything on her own. I always loved that she was so independent, but I hated that she would never ask for help but do stuff on her own, even when she knows that what she does might be damaging to her.

I carried the boxes out to the living room, seeing Josh, Alyssa, Yola and Olivia down on the floor as they packed the toys.

I went to the kitchen to pour myself a cup of water, but it was soon that my phone vibrated. I took my phone from the kitchen island, before leaning on it while I opened the email I received. It was about my meetings, so I had to check how busy my days will be, while we are moving.

"Hey, I thought I could make some mashed potatoes and some chicken meat maybe. Kids are hungry, and I bet you are too," She talked to me, and I was about to answer her, but then I realized that they have put me two, so far, most important meetings since we made company here in Melbourne on fucking Christmas day. I'm spending Christmas with my family, not in a fucking illegal company. "Or are we not talking over me carrying the box?" She continued as she placed her hands on her hips.

"No, I'm sorry, mashed potatoes and chicken sound good. I could help you and we could maybe make a little salad with pickles and some other stuff that I thought about. It's just that they set me the two most important meetings since we made a company here on Christmas. I'm not planning to work on Christmas."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I'm so fucking pissed now. Let me just go and call my assistant, I'll be back soon to help you."
"Of course. But Jae, if those are your two most important meetings so far, it's not really possible to move them, is it? I mean-"
"Most important or not, I don't care. The thing that is most important to me is my family and spending time with them. So even if that meant no deal, I won't fucking work on Christmas."
"Okay." She nodded her head as I walked out of the house. There was just too much noise, and I knew I'd probably yell at Don for making me this schedule. I don't want to scare kids or something.

"Boss?"
"Don, what is that fucking schedule?"
"It's schedule for your meetings, boss."
"Yeah, I'm not stupid. Why'd you set me two most important meetings on Christmas day? I'm not gonna work on Christmas, nor Christmas Eve. What the fuck?!" I was getting more angry with every second.
"Boss, you didn't tell me that. They said that that's when they have free time, so I had to put it in."
"They had free time? Oh, so great. As if they're not making a deal with me! It's not that I'm making a deal with them, they are coming here because they know we have the best stuff. So you can go and call them, and tell them that I don't have time for drinking fucking coffee on Christmas! You idiot!"
"I didn't know Christmas was so important to you. I'm sorry. But how do I tell them now?"
"I don't care. But hopefully you use the brain you have to find a solution better than you used it when you made my schedule."
"Okay, boss. Is that all?"
"Yes, it is all. Now goodbye, and you better send me a good updated schedule."
"I will."

I took few minutes to calm down, lightening up my cigarette. Not a healthy way to cope with stress, but it is what it is.

Once I was done I walked back into the house.

"You calmed down now?" Olivia asked as I walked in the kitchen.
"Yeah, kind of. Anyways, do you want me to cut the meat?"
"If you want to." I nodded my head and kissed her cheek as she was still busy with what she was doing.

Once we ate we laid for a little before continuing to empty the house.

I started disassembling some furnitures and that type of stuff, while Olivia was packing up last pieces in Josh's and Alyssa's rooms.

"Jaden!" I walked to the front door where Tayler was knocking.

"Hey man. Is it here?"
"Yes, I took the van. I left the keys inside of it."
"Okay, thank you."

He nodded his head before going back to his place at the front gate.

I went over to the van and opened the back of it.

I got back inside of the house, but saw Olivia coming out of the house.

"Can't believe we are moving houses again. But I'm kinda excited. Hopefully that's the last one we'll move in." She admitted, making me nod.

"Yeah, I hope too. That house is great."
"Indeed." I kissed her, before pulling her inside with me.

I was getting all of the boxes out, while Olivia was trying to help me, but I had to push her away. These boxes are heavy, and I really don't need her carrying them.

"I'll help you, I'll help you!" Josh was standing inside of the van, trying to help me push it to the other boxes, but in reality he wasn't really doing much.

"Good job buddy! Look at you being all strong and big!" I high-fived him, making him laugh, before he ran off.

"Do you have many left?" Olivia asked me as she looked at me worried.

"Yeah, but those aren't as heavy because they are smaller."
"Okay, can I help you with them?"
"Olivia." I just glared at her, sitting at the end of the van so I would just rest for a little before I continue.

"Jae, I just don't want you carrying all of them. I know you are very strong, but that doesn't mean you need to carry all of them." She ran her hands through my hair before cupping my face.

"Olivia, I'm not a baby. Thank you for caring about me, but I'm all good." I puckered my lips, making her lean in and kiss me.

"Okay, now, as much as I love your big fat ass, you gotta move so I could continue carrying the boxes." I tried to get up, but she pulled me back by my neck.

"Also, you look really hot." She whispered in my ear, kissing the place right under it.

I smirked as I looked her up and down, before going to the house, where Josh was waiting for me at the front doors.

──────── ·  · ✦ ·  · ────────