chapter 10

February 27th, 2021

JADEN'S P.O.V.

I grabbed some towel and put it under his foot that was on my knee; while I was sitting on the floor.

"You can hold my arm if that will help you with pain. Because this will hurt a little, okay? Just try not to scream, I don't know how your neighbors are."
"Please, don't let it hurt Jae. Please."
He cried, holding my upper arm.

I poured alcohol on his foot, making him whine while gripping tight on my shoulder.

"Good boy. You're doing great, just a little more."

And it was a cut basically over his whole foot if we are looking horizontally.

"Owww it hurts so badd."
"I know, you're a strong little man, you can take a little of pain. Am I right?"

I put a band around his wound.

I cleaned all the mess I made before wiping his tears and nose.

"Such a good boy. See, it didn't even hurt that bad?"
"Easy for you to say."

I chuckled, cupping his face while wiping the rest of the tears and kissing his head.

"C'mon, lets wash your face so we can go and continue watching iCarly."

I put him in front of sink where I previously turned on cold water.

He washed his face before drying it.

He wrapped himself tightly around my torso, burying his face in my neck.

"Are you okay baby?"

Olivia asked rubbing his back, while his head was still in my neck.

Is it wrong if I adore this moment right now? Me, holding my son, and the love of my life rubbing his back and kissing him.

He shook his head.

"I can be better if we all cuddle together on the couch with me in the middle while we watch iCarly."

At the same moment, Olivia and I looked at each other.

I mean, not that I would mind that, but I know she would.

"Baby, c'mon, I'll make you chocolate milk."
"No mommy. Why don't you wanna do what I wanted? You don't care if it's Fred. Please mommy."

My blood started boiling while I watched her face go pale.

She probably didn't expect me to know.

"C'mon buddy. We can watch iCarly by simply sitting on the couch and mommy will make you chocolate milk. What about that?"

He sighed in my shoulder.

"Okay, I guess so."
I nodded walking over to the couch while Olivia was in the kitchen.

I really wish it wasn't so strange between us.

If I could get over everything, why she can't too? I mean, she was the one who left at the first place.

"There you go."
"Thank you mommy."
"Um, so, uh, I thought we could order 7-Eleven here? It's like behind the corner, and now Josh is not really able to walk, so we could simply order here."
"Yeah, sure."
"Yayy!"

She ordered food after we agreed on what we want, while we continued watching TV.

Olivia went to the toilet while Josh snuggled up in my chest.

"Wait buddy, that's probably our food."
"Ugh, I just got comfortable."

I chuckled kissing his head before going to the doors and opening them.