Chapter 9

Chapter 9

    Since there is an iron chain on his feet, Shen Yuluan doesn't like to move anymore.

    The chain was clumsy and heavy, and it was difficult to walk. She thought it was in the way, so she simply stayed in the Phoenix Palace and did not go out.

    But once the chains were handcuffed, someone couldn't help thinking too much.

    The wind in the palace changed again, and everyone was speculating whether the Empress did something wrong and lost the emperor's favor, otherwise, why would the emperor suddenly turn his face and treat her like this. The concubines who came to Chufeng Palace to inquire about news came wave after wave, and even Mrs. Shen outside the palace asked someone to deliver news to the palace, but Shen Yuluan didn't want to see anyone, and no one paid any attention.

    She only saw Concubine Li, which made Concubine Li worry every time she saw her.

    When the day came, it was a look of reluctance to speak again.

    It made Shen Yuluan look impatient.

    "What do you want to say, just say it straight, when did you like to hide and tuck

    ?"

    Concubine Li asked quietly, "Empress Empress, is the emperor still angry with you?" Shen Yuluan leaned lazily on the couch. When she opened her mouth, a palace servant brought the peeled grapes to her mouth, and she lowered her head and put it in her mouth. She folded her messy black hair and said, "Maybe so."

    Ever since she picked up Concubine Yu's son, the emperor has never been kind to her, except for the fact that he would come to Chu Feng Palace every day to have dinner. In addition, even if the two met, they didn't say a word. Occasionally, when Shen Yuluan looked up, she would find that Chu Yuehe looked at her with the eyes of a dead man, almost making her eat half a bowl of rice.

    The face was so annoying that she didn't bother to look at it again.     Concubine

    Li asked again: "Is this

true , or is it not?" Shen Yuluan gave her a look: "Who asked you to inquire about the news?"

    Not really.

    It's just that there are rumors in the palace that the empress is about to fall out of favor, but the emperor still visits the Chufeng Palace every day. If the emperor still loves the queen, everyone can see the chain on the queen's feet. It's really confusing.

    Li Fei lowered her eyes, really embarrassed.

    She is on good terms with the Queen on weekdays, and she is also on good terms with Concubine Hui. When something happened to the queen, Concubine Hui reminded her that she should stop interacting with the queen. She knew that Concubine Hui was kind, but she didn't agree with her.

    Previously, she had disobeyed the royal court and was almost convicted by the emperor. It was the queen who helped her to plead with the emperor to save her from punishment, and later comforted her several times. Now that the queen is in trouble, how can she alienate the queen?     She thought to herself, first come to the queen to ask, if the emperor is angry, she will go back and let Concubine Hui give up and come alone to accompany the queen. It would be better if the emperor was not angry, and Concubine Hui could rest assured.     "Then what the emperor means..."     Shen Yuluan counted in his heart: "In half a month, we will know."     "Half a month? What does this mean?"     This is the day when the people sent to Shuzhou came back.     But Shen Yuluan couldn't tell her clearly, she looked curious and changed the subject: "The weather is good today, why don't we go for a walk in the imperial garden?"     Concubine Li was indeed distracted, and she was in a hurry.     In the spring and summer, there are more flowers blooming in the imperial garden, and when you go in, you can see many people appreciating flowers from a distance.     Shen Yuluan and Concubine Li walked along the lake, holding a piece of cake in their hands. From time to time, they broke off a corner and threw them into the lake to feed the fish. The chains were dragged by their feet and brushed across the road of the bluestone slab. The sound of iron chains scared away, and the fish tails on the lake swayed, ripples rippling.     Concubine Li was also attracted by the chains and looked down frequently, almost hitting a tree with her head.     "Empress Empress, are you tired from walking? Do you want to sit in the pavilion for a while?"     It happened that Shen Yuluan was also tired from walking, so she nodded happily.     Concubine Li breathed a sigh of relief and quickly led her to another road leading to the pavilion.     The two walked around a corner, only to see that someone was already sitting in the pavilion.