Goodbye Will

T/W death and grief

The room was painfully silent, George and Alex were both sat on their sofa staring into the distance. They'd just gotten of the
phone to Wills sister and neither of them could move. Georges hand found Alex's and he silently intertwined their fingers, a small gesture of comfort for both of them.

"He's gone" Alex whispered, the words weak and painful to say. George didn't reply he just squeezed Alex's hand and lay his head on the mans shoulder. Alex turned to look at George and saw a tear slipping down his cheek, in the three years of living together Alex had never seen the man cry, he could almost see the man's heart breaking.

They hadn't even known Will was sick, and that was what hurt most, the fact they hadn't gotten to say goodbye. The man, in what he had considered a gesture of kindness had deliberately kept the fact he was dying from everyone except Mia and his family.

Alex lifted his other hand and wiped his friend's tears away, before he himself burst into tears. George whipped his head around and saw Alex crying, he pulled the younger man in for a hug and wrapped his arms tightly around him. Then he brought a hand to the back of Alex's head and began to brush his hand through his hair.

"It's not fair" Alex whispered into George's neck.
"I know darling... I know" George sniffed.
"We didn't say goodbye and now he's gone" Alex cried as he gripped onto George.
"Al... he's still with us... I promise... the idiots probably watching us right now" George laughed trying to lighten the mood. Alex let out a small giggle as he wiped his face on George's shoulder and lifted it up to look him in the eyes.

"Probably is... sat on some cloud somewhere smiling or something" Alex smiled weakly. George lifted his hand to Alex's face and cupped his cheek he leant forward and kissed the man's forehead gently.
"Yeah of course he is" George smiled. Alex didn't say anything else instead he wrapped his arms back around George and snuggled against the man silently.

The day of the funeral arrived and Alex and George were in a hotel room in Wills hometown, the rest of their friends in other rooms on the same corridor. Alex watched from where he was sat on the bed as George tried to tie his tie. Tears rolled down the man's cheeks as is hands shook making him unable to do it. George dropped to his knees and sobbed, finally breaking from the weeks of holding in his emotions. The fact he was tying his tie for one of his best friends funerals had just hit him and the fact he would never see Will again became all too real.

"Oh George" Alex sighed as he crouched down next to the man.
"I-I can't t-tie it" George said as he ripped the tie off his neck and tossed it to the ground.
"Hey-hey it's okay I'll do it for you" Alex said as he picked up the tie and rubbed the mans back. Alex placed the tie around the man's neck and knotted it, adjusting it to fit correctly. He smoothed the tie down George's shirt and straightened the man's collar before pulling him in for a hug.

"Thanks Al" Georges sniffled.
"It's okay darling... come on then let's go" Alex smiled weakly as he reached out a hand to George. The two walked hand in hand to the foyer of the hotel where James and Aria were waiting for them.

"Hey guys" James sighed, he wanted it ask how they were doing but he already knew the answer from the look on the two mens faces.
The four got an Uber to the venue where they were greeted by the rest of their friends, Wills family and of course Mia. They hadn't seen Mia since Will had died and Alex's heart shattered a little more the moment he saw her.

"Hey Mia" Alex hummed as he hugged the woman.
"Hey you" Mia smiled sadly.
"I'm sorry Mia... I'm so sorry I can't even imagine how you're feeling" Alex sighed as he felt George's hand brush against him.
"I'm okay as I can be... I miss him so much but I knew it was coming... I came to terms with it" Mia explained.