Definitely dying

Alex and George are best friends you know that platonic soulmate shit
(T/W vomiting)

George was convinced this was the end he was definitely dying. Currently he was laying on the cool bathroom floor shaking, he couldn't move for fear he would be sick again. Alex wasn't in the flat, in fact he wasn't even in London he was home visiting his family.

Yesterday he'd felt half as ill as this and he'd  thought about calling Alex and asking him to come home, but he knew how much he'd missed his Mum. Besides he was coming home this evening anyway, all George had to do was survive 6 more hours.

George lifted his head from the floor suddenly feeling another wave of sickness and once again emptying his stomach into the toilet. His phone pinged and he picked it up as he leant back against the bath.

Alex🌈

Alex🌈:
Hey George I'm gonna be home soon
Just popping to Tesco
Do you need anything?

George:
Thank god I've missed you 😊
I feel a bit ill can you get me some anti
nausea meds please xx

Alex🌈:
Aww Georgie sorry you don't feel good
Of course I'll get you medicine
Be home soon... we can watch movies xx

George:
Thanks Al xx

George felt bad for lying to Alex but he didn't know how to tell his best mate he'd been throwing up for the last day and a half unable to get up off of the bathroom floor. George heard the front door open and Alex calling out his name.
"George I got you medicine.... Where are you mate?" Alex shouted his voice echoing through the flat
"I'm in he—" George begun before being interrupted by another painful round of vomiting.

Alex heard the awful sound of Georges retching and dropped everything running towards the bathroom. He entered the room to see his best friend looking pale, sweaty and exhausted.
"Oh George... I know you felt nauseous but I did know it was this bad... is this the first time you've thrown up today?" Alex asked George kneeling next to him and rubbing his back. George shook his head slightly resting it on the toilet seat as he stopped being sick.

"How many times have you thrown up? When did it start? After you texted me?" Alex questioned. George shook his head and looked at Alex apologetically.
"I've been sick since yesterday morning... and I haven't left the bathroom since because getting up hurts and makes me throw up again" George whispered. Alex's eyes widened, he was upsetting that George had to suffer through this alone.

"George... why didn't you call and tell me? I would have come back to look after you silly" Alex sighed, continuing to rub the mans back.
"You were with your family and I didn't want to ruin it" George mumbled as he sat up.
"George they wouldn't have minded... my Mum loves you, if she'd found out you were this sick she probably would have drove me up here herself and probably even kicked me out and took care of you" Alex laughed as he wrapped an arm around George and pulled him against his chest.

"I'm sorry" George mumbled.
"It's okay... but why didn't you call Will or James?" Alex wondered.
"James and Aria are away and you know Will would just pass out" George sniffed.
"Did you forget about Gee or Lewis or Fraser... you could have called them Georgie... you didn't have to suffer alone" Alex sighed as he brushed George hair from his face.

George shrugged and groaned burying his face in Alex's hoodie.
"You're here now" George laughed weakly. Alex sighed and rolled his eyes, even feeling this shitty George still made bad jokes... typical.
"Come on then let's get you to bed mate" Alex suggested.
"Can't walk... can't leave the bathroom still feel sick" George groaned. Alex sighed and paused for a moment before coming up with an idea.

"Right I'm going to get you some water so you don't die of dehydration and bring you the medicine I bought" Alex explained as he moved George to lean against the bath again.
"Okay" George whispered closing his eyes to block out the light.

Alex left the bathroom and went to the kitchen filling a glass with water and grabbing a straw. He picked up the bottle of medicine and carried the stuff to the bathroom placing them down on the counter. Alex went to Georges bedroom and picked up his duvet, a blanket and some pillows.
"Al what are you doing?" George asked as he came back into the room.
"If you can't get up it looks like we're camping on the bathroom floor" Alex smiled as he gestured for George to move over. Alex placed the duvet on the floor and chucked the pillows down, George shuffled onto the duvet and lay down clutching his stomach.

Alex lay the blanket over George and grabbed the water and medicine.
"Georgie sit up for me you can't lie down yet" Alex hummed. George sat up tears in his eyes and looked at Alex sadly.
"I'm sorry George... you gotta drink water and take the medicine" Alex smiled softly. He opened the medicine and poured it onto a spoon, George groaned and reluctantly swallowed the medicine suppressing a gag.
"Well done" Alex comforted as he brung the straw to Georges lips.

"Drink some for me even just a sip.... I know you feel sick but you're gonna get dehydrated buddy" Alex told. George nodded and sipped slowly in the straw, he clenched his his teeth and suppressed the rising feeing of sickness.
"That's enough I think... we really gotta keep that medicine down" Alex advised. George nodded and lay back down.

Alex sat down next to him and played with his hair as the older man clutched at his stomach.
Alex sat on his phone stroking Georges hair, he kept looking over to see George rubbing his own stomach. Alex put his phone down and butted Georges hand away, he lay down and begun rubbing the mans stomach whilst still playing with his hair.

"Thanks Al" George whispered.
"It's okay... try and get some sleep okay?" Alex hummed. George nodded slightly and closed his eyes, he finally felt able to sleep the medicine was kicking in and Alex was right by him.

Alex felt George relax and listened as his breathing evened out, he was glad George was finally getting some rest. He really wanted to move him to a bed so he could get a proper sleep but he wasn't strong enough. He needed help, James was away and Will would definitely faint if he saw George like this, he decided Lewis was his best option for help.

"Hey Alex whats up?" Lewis answered.
"Erm are you about right now? I need help with something" Alex asked quietly.
"Yeah I'm around. What do you need mate?" Lewis questioned.
"Can you come round and pick George up he's pretty sick and asleep he's on the bathroom floor" Alex explained.
"Oh shit that's a bit crappy... I'll be round in a minute" Lewis hummed.
"Thanks Lew" Alex ended the call.

Lewis arrived 10 minutes later and let himself in finding the two men on the bathroom floor.
"Jesus he looks like crap" Lewis commented.
"Mhm he feels it as well, apparently he's been in here since yesterday morning... awkward shit wouldn't call someone to help him" Alex sighed as he sat up.
"Bloody hell" Lewis mumbled.
"I know he must have thrown up everything at this point.. poor thing" Alex sighed.

"Right you want me to pick him up and put him in his bed then?" Lewis asked.
"Yeah just move him slowly because he throws up if he moves too quickly" Alex added.
"Right okay then..." Lewis replied. He bent down and picked up George slowly, making sure not to jolt him awake. Alex picked up the pillows and blankets and pillows and carried them back to the mans bed, resetting up his bed as it was before.

Lewis entered the room slowly and lay George down on the bed, slowly moving his arms from underneath him.
"Mission success" Lewis boasted. Alex just rolled his eyes and laughed at Lewis as he pulled the duvet over George.
"Thanks Lew, I appreciate it and I'm sure he will when he eventually wakes up not on the bathroom floor" Alex smiled.

Lewis left Alex and Georges apartment as Alex walked to the kitchen to retrieve a bowl just incase. He brought it to the bedroom and placed it by his side as he sat next to George. The older man shifted on the bed and curled into Alex's side humming in his sleep.

"Get well soon Georgie I'll be here when you wake up" Alex smiled.

~Authors note~
1.4K words
We love the besties
Alex and George for best besties ever 😅