Without you

Got this idea from my best friend she loves a bit of fanfic drama... so don't blame me for the emotional trauma... jk it's not that bad... or is it

Alex had fallen in love with George the day they first met when Alex had moved to London and ended up sharing a flat with the man. It was love at first sight for Alex. Instant infatuation. Alex thought George was gorgeous and he thought his personality as even better. The day Alex found out his roommate was in fact straight and even had a Girlfriend named Beth, was the day his heart shattered.

That was nearly 2 years ago now and Alex had finally moved on enough to be able to get himself a girlfriend who he found he could love almost as much as he had loved George but never any more. His Girlfriends name was Kylie she was a small petite blonde girl with blue eyes. She was nice she was a sweet person with a bubbly personality and she loved Alex a lot. She fit in well with there friendship group.

George hated Kylie from the day he met her. He didn't know why... was he jealous of Kylie... she was pretty and she got to have Alex. He was definitely jealous. Why was he jealous he was straight. He had been single for over a year now ever since he and Beth had broken up because she had said that George seemed like he had fallen out of love with her. Beth was right he had fallen out of love with her... he just didn't know why.

George thought about Alex all the time, when he looked at Alex his heart fluttered. He was confused, deep down he knew what he was in love with Alex but he didn't want to accept that... but he loved Alex. He did he loved Alex. That was it he loved Alex and Alex had a girlfriend that he loved.

Alex and Kylie had been together 6 months and George had slowly come to terms with the fact he was in love with Alex and that wouldn't be changing anytime soon. George avoided leaving his room unless it was entirely necessary, because Alex always had HER round and George didn't wanna see them together. It hurt too much, it hurt watching the person you loved love someone else.

So that's how they lived until the day Kylie and Alex decided they were going to move in together to their own apartment. When Alex went to George's room to tell the man he was moving out, he opened the door to find George sitting at his desk the room around him messy.
"Hey George just thought I'd let you know me and Kylie are moving in together, so I'm moving out" Alex said looking at his feet.
George turned around and looked at Alex his face unreadable.

"What the fuck Alex, your just gonna move out and live with her you've know her for like what? 7 months and your gonna go live with her?" George raised his voice at Alex.
"YEAH George I love her she's the one for me" Alex replied directly.
"FINE THEN GO FUCKING LIVE WITH KYLIE... GET OUT OF THE FLAT NOW ALEX... FUCK OFF" George shouted at Alex making the man flinch.

"Fine George I'm leaving... don't expect to see me again" Alex's voice cracked as he slammed George's door, going straight to his room to pack. George regretted shouting instantly, he'd just lost Alex forever, this information broke him and he lay on his bed and sobbed. He sobbed louder when he heard Alex chuck the flat keys on the counter and slam the front door.

It had been two months since Alex left and neither of them had spoken to their friends about what happened. George had told nobody why he'd dropped of the face of the earth. He'd told nobody why he couldn't bring himself to leave his bed unless it was to answer the door to the delivery guy once every 3 days. Alex had told nobody why he was sad, why he cried everytime someone mentioned George or the Eboys. He had told nobody that he'd lost the all the love he had for Kylie. He told nobody that he had never actually stopped loving George, merely used Kylie as a destruction.

Will and James were worried to say the least. Of their two best friends, one he'd dropped of the face of the earth entirely as the other looked sad all the time. They didn't know that had happened between them but they knew it was bad. Will and James had tried to talk to the both of them, neither of the two men would reply to them.

Kylie tired to understand what was wrong with Alex, but of course she was the last person he wanted.
"Babe what the fuck is wrong with you?" Kylie asked Alex unsympathetically. It was at this point that something inside Alex had snapped and he couldn't take it anymore.
I DONT FUCKING LOVE YOU OKAY" Alex shouted.
"You don't love me? You don't fucking love me? What the fuck?... oh my god your in love with him aren't you... you love George" Kylie spoke realising what Alex meant. Alex simply nodded.
"SO YOU USED ME YOU FUCKING USED ME? YOU NEVER LOVED ME I WAS JUST A FUCKING REBOUND.... YOU KNOW WHAT ALEX YOUR A DICKHEAD" Kylie screamed.
"No it wasn't like that a I swear I did love you I really did" Alex tried.
"You know what NO JUST GET OUT" Kylie shouted.

So Alex left, he didn't know where to go. In fact there was only one place he wanted to go... and that was home to George. So that's what he did he set off waking through London in the dark towards his old flat.

George hadn't eaten for days he needed food, so he order food to be delivered to the flat. He sat on the sofa and and waited for his food. Some amount of time passed, and then there was a knock on the door George stood up to answer the door assuming it was his food.

Alex had reached the door of his old flat. He stood for a moment unsure of what to say to George. He decided just to tell the truth. He knocked on the door and waited, he heard shuffling inside the flat and took a few breath. Then the door opened. He was speechless, any plan he had went out the window.

"Hey" Alex said hoping George wouldn't slam the door in his face. George didn't reply he just simply stepped to the side to allow Alex entrance. Alex looked at George, the man looked exhausted his face was stubbly, indicating he hadn't shaved in month. George's eyes looked blood shot and dark bags lay underneath them. He'd been crying a lot, Alex felt horrible. Alex looked at George to see the t-shirt he was wearing... was that the same one he was wearing the day he left... it couldn't be could it?

"George" was all Alex could mutter.
"Alex" George said weakly.
"I missed you" Alex gulped.
"I- I missed you too Al" George sighed.
"You okay?" Alex whispered.
"OKAY AM I OKAY? NO ALEX IM NOT OKAY... THE MAN I LOVED LEFT ME... IM IN LOVE WITH YOU WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT" George shouted tears spilling down his face.
"Oh Georgie... come here" Alex said opening his arms to the older man.

George held onto Alex, this hug meant everything to him.
"George you need to shower" Alex said wiping George's tears with his thumb.
"I was dying without you Alex" George muttered.
"George I love you... I always have since the day we met I'm so sorry i left with her... I thought you'd never love me... I though I needed to move on" Alex said looking at George.

"No Alex you don't need to move on... but you do need to move back in... b-because I think we need each other" George
"Of course we do Georgie, I'll always need you but first we need to get you shower" Alex smiled, leading George to the bathroom.

~Authors note~
1.3k words. Welp I think I have a thing for happy endings... I'm not sure if I should give any of these sad endings or not?