Skinny Love

Skinny love- a type of relationship between two people that are very in love with each other, but are far to embarrassed to express their feelings.

Alex and George had been living together in London for over 2 years now. They weren't just roommates they were best friends and they both loved each other more than that, though they'd never actually admit it.

George was straight, well that's what everyone thought. George wasn't so sure anymore because of Alex, that adorable brown haired boy who made him smile no matter what. George had never cared for anyone like he cared for Alex, George just wanted to make sure Alex was okay he wanted Alex to be happy, he didn't know why he cared so much but he did.

Alex is Bi everyone knows that its no secret, he calls himself an 'Internet Gaylord'. But nobody knew about the love he had for his roommate, his straight roommate, someone who he thought could never love him back. Alex knew George cared for him more than the others but that was because they lived together, they were roommates and that's all they would ever be.

George had gone home to visit his family for the weekend leaving Alex alone in in their flat with only his thoughts. George had left on Friday Afternoon in order to make it to his family home for Friday night. Alex missed George's presence already and he had bearly be gone for 6 hours. It saddened Alex that George wouldn't be coming home until Sunday night, he didn't like being alone or with out George.

George had arrived at his family home 4 hours after he had left Alex in London. He had missed his family obviously but he really didn't like being away from Alex he liked being at home in London, knowing Alex was in the next room. He worried about Alex being alone 'will eat if I'm gone and what if he doesn't take his meds and what if he needs me whilst I'm this far away' his thoughts were overtaken by Alex and only Alex.

George's Mum had noticed George's state of worry as soon as he had arrived and she could tell it was only increasing as the night went on.
"George hun, what's the matter with you, you look worried sick" George's mum asked her son as she joined him sitting on the sofa.
"Nothing Mum, I'm fine I promise" George tried to reassure his mother.
"Darling I'm your mother I know when somethings wrong, so why don't you tell me" George's mum comforted.
"Alex... mum it's Alex... I- I..." George whispered trying to hold back his tears.
"... love him? Is that it George?" George's mum questioned.
George only nodded in reply not able to hold back the tears any longer.
"Oh darling come here" George's mum opened her arms to hug her son.
"I-m s-sorry mum" George sobbed.
"You don't have to be sorry George. You think I'm gonna love you any less because you love a boy" she said George shrugged in reply wiping his tearful eyes.
"No George your my son I love you and I only want you to be happy" George's mum stated smiling at her son as she continued "Now tell me what's got you so upset because I can tell that there is more to this"
"He doesn't love me like I love him Mum we're just friends" George replied sadly.
"George darling you have the social skills of a watermelon... that boy loves you I know it" George's Mum laughed.
"Wh-what do you mean Alex isn't in love with me... he can't be.. he... we're roommates" George was confused. Did Alex love him?
"He loves you darlin trust your mum for once" she smiled and continued "now your going straight back to London tomorrow morning and your going to tell that sweet boy exactly how you feel"
George nodded. It was decided he was going to tell Alex how he felt.

Whilst George was talking to his Mum at his family home Alex was sitting on George's bed in their flat which felt horribly empty with out George. Alex had grabbed Georges hoodie off the end of the bed and put it on. Tears spilled down Alex's face as George's scent engulfed him. The small boy curled up on George's bed and sobbed, he sobbed because he had realised how much he loved George. Alex thought George would never love him and Alex didn't think he could ever love anyone how he loves George. So it was decided Alex would be alone forever.

When Alex woke up the next morning he didn't know George was on the train back to London, he thought he had another day without George. Alex didn't have the energy to do anything except sleep, so that's what he did, he lay curled up on Georges bed wrapped in the older mans hoodie.

George had left his family home as early as possible, he needed to get back to London and back to Alex. George had arrived back in central London at 1pm all that was between him and Alex now was a few tube stations.

As soon as the tube arrived in Canary Wharf George all but ran to their apartment building and straight up the stairs. He reached the door of his and Alex's apartment and put the key in lock and dumped his bags in the hallway. George went straight to find Alex, he went to the living room Alex wasn't there, then he went to Alex's room and knocked on the door. When there was no reply George opened the door assuming Alex was asleep, but there was no Alex. 'He must have gone out, I'll have to wait for him to get home' George thought turning in the corridor to go to his own room. George opened the door to his room and that's when he saw Alex curled up in the middle of his bed, wearing George's own hoodie. 'He slept in my bed... in my clothes whilst I wasn't here... maybe mum was right' George thought as he approached the bed nerves engulfing him.
He sat on the bed next to Alex and rubbed his hand across the boys back.

"Hey Alex it's George wake up mate" George whispered so as not to scare the man.
"G-georgie what are you doing back" Alex questioned.
"Missed you too much didn't I... mum told me to go home... too you" George said as he looked away from Alex.
"Missed me? Why would you miss me?" Alex responded.
"Because... you.. I... Alex... I... fuck... damnit Alex I'm in love with you okay" George half shouted his face flushing red.
"Y-you your in love with me" Alex whispered.
"yeah" George replied looking down at his lap.
George felt the bed shift beside him, he thought Alex was gonna run away in disgust or something. But he didn't Alex wrapped his arms around George holding the older man tight. George felt Alex wrap his arms around him and it felt like he was home. Alex was his home.

"I love you too Georgie I have for years.. I just never thought you could ever love someone like me" Alex whispered into George's neck.
George wrapped his arms tighter around Alex and pulled the boy onto his lap.
"No Alex i love you more than anything in the world... I've never felt this way before" George reassured.
"Hey Georgie?" Alex questioned still wrapped in George's arms.
"Yeah Al?" George mumbled from the hug.
"Do you w-wanna be my b-boyfriend? Or
s-something ya know-w" Alex stuttered.
"Of course I do I'm never leaving you again" George smiled, grabbing Alex's chin and kissing him lovingly.
"I love you Georgie" Alex said looking into George's eyes.
"I love to bubba" George smiled back.

~Authors note~
Again I have literally no idea where those 1.3k words came from but there ya go.