Home and sick

A/N Also please have this cursed image Alex posted if I had to see it you all do

Alex had been at his parents for a week now and he still had a few days left. He and George decided they should take some healthy space from each other after spending most of the past few months together. Alex had been spending time with his friends from home and if course his family. He obviously texted George everyday to check on him an called him when he missed his boyfriend.

Alex and his mates had decided they wanted to go to the beach even though it was the middle of February and barely 10 degrees.
Alex being Alex decided swimming was definitely a fantastic idea and had dove fully clothed into the freezing cold ocean.
"Alex that's the stupidest idea you've ever had" Harry said shaking his head as the man swam around in front of him.
"Nah it's fine" Alex laughed as he got out of the ocean dripping wet. Harry only shook his head trying not to laugh at his mate.

Alex arrived home and headed straight to the shower as he couldn't stop shivering yet he still refused to admit jumping in the sea was a bad idea. A few hours later after he'd taken an impromptu nap he woke up to realise his body ached he assumed it was just from all the exercise he'd done in the past week. So he just got up and went down stairs to sit with his family.

As the night went on Alex was cold and he didn't know why because his Mum always kept the house really warm. Suddenly he was really tired and his head was beginning to ache.
"Mum I'm gonna head to bed. Love you." Alex smiled as he stood up trying to push away the lightheadedness as he walked towards the door.
"Good night sweetie" Alex's Mum smiled as she blew a kiss at her eldest son.

Alex climbed into his bed and wrapped himself tightly in his duvet trying to warm his aching body. He kind of wished George was here now to warm him up but he knew his boyfriend was probably fast asleep in their bed back home in London, where he would be soon. Sleep sounded really nice right about now so that what Alex did, he fell into an uncomfortable sleep.

When Alex woke up the next morning the light pouring in from his bedroom window was making his head pound. His body felt heavy and his clothes were renched in sweat. Suddenly yesterday's swim in the sea didn't feel like such a good idea... he was sick and he knew it. Alex let out a groan that turned into a string of painful coughs.

"Alex are you okay?" His Mum called from outside of his room.
"No I think I'm sick" Alex groaned as he pulled the covers over his face to block out of the light. He heard his Mum open his bedroom door and he felt her sit down next to him. She pulled the covers away from her sons face and placed her hand on his burning forehead.

"Definitely sick" She sighed as Alex sat up in the bed keeping his eyes closed. Alex leant against his Mum and let her rub his back.
"I don't think you're going back to London tomorrow sweetie" Alex's Mum pointed out.
"But George" Alex coughed.
"He'll understand that you're sick baby he loves you... meanwhile you can stay here with your Mum even my 22 year old baby needs a hug sometimes" She smiled as she kissed the top of his head.

"I love you Mum... I'm tired can I sleep now?" Alex whispered closing his eyes.
"Yeah sweetie... sleep well I'll bring you something to eat later" she smiled as she tucked Alex in and left the room. Alex closed his eyes and curled up under the covers willing his head to stop pounding, his body shook but he was sweating. He soon fell into another uncomfortable sleep, tossing and turning as the fever filled his dreams.

"Alex... Alex are awake? Bro? Mum says you're sick and you have to drink and she's had to go out to Grandmas" Alex's younger brother said as he shook the sleeping man. Alex groaned and opened his eyes to see his brother standing next to his bed.
"Will?" Alex croaked as he rubbed his eyes.
"Yeah it's me... you're actually sick aren't you?" Will asked as he placed a glass of water on the bedside table.