Golden

Based of the song Golden by Harry Styles because I love that song... and it fits really well with the plot line. So listen to it if you want :)

George's and Alex loved each other endlessly it was clear to see, well for anyone who knew about their relationship. They had 'some soulmate shit going on' as Will would tell them. But George was scared, he was scared to show the world that Alex was his world. Scared to be open and expose a part of himself he'd hidden from everyone for years. Alex always respected that George wasn't ready but secretly all he wanted was to do was tell the world about George and shout from the rooftops that Alex Elmslie loved George Memeulous and he was his and only his. But he couldn't... at least not until George was ready.

"Georgie I'm streaming in my room now, so don't come in" Alex shouted into the corridor not sure of George's exact location.
"Okay babe I'll be in the living room" George shouted back presumably from the living room.

Alex went into his room and set up the stream. What he didn't know is George always watched his streams so he could see his boyfriend when he couldn't actually be there with him. Something George had started when he missed Alex when he had gone to visit his Parents last year.

Alex started the stream, sitting at his desk.
"Hey everyone welcome to the stream, today I thought we could do a little Just chatting stream, we haven't done one in a while" Alex smiled and begun reading the stream chat.
"From Elmslie4Ever, lovely name by the way, I just came out to my parents and they accepted me. Oh wow that's amazing I'm so proud of you" Alex smiled again. "It's always nice to see you guys be who you truly are and not feel like you have to hide it" Alex added smile fading slightly as he cast his eyes to the picture of him and George he kept on his desk.

George saw Alex's face fall as he talks about not hiding who you truly are. This upset George as he hated that Alex was hurting. Hated that he was hurting Alex. 'I'll have to remember to give him extra cuddles tonight' George thought smiling at the thought of cuddling with the cute boy on the screen in front of him.

"Is there anything you guy want me to watch or react too? that could be quite fun" Alex asked eyes scanning the stream chat on his monitor.
"Golden... Golden music video, Golden by Harry Styles... Golden please... looks like you guys really want me to watch the Golden music video so let's do that" Alex said whilst typing it into YouTube.
"Right here we are....play" Alex muttered watching the screen.
"He is a lovely looking guy isn't he, oooh he's running, run Harry run" Alex giggled leaning his head against his chair.

Golden, golden, golden
As I open my eyes
Hold it, focus, hoping
Take me back to the light
I know you were way too bright for me
I'm hopeless, broken
So you wait for me in the sky
Browns my skin just right

Alex bopped his head along to the beat.
"It's good this, I like it" he commented.

You're so golden
You're so golden
I'm out of my head
And I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken

"You know what I bloody love Harry Styles I won't lie to you chat" Alex said as he listened to the lyrics.

I don't wanna be alone
When it ends
Don't wanna let you know
I don't wanna be alone
But I, I can feel it take a hold (I can feel it take a hold)
I can feel you take control (I can feel you take control)
Of who I am and all I've ever known
Loving you's the antidote

"I don't wanna be alone... loving you is the antidote" Alex muttered casting his eyes back at the picture of him and George weakly.

Golden
You're so golden
I don't wanna be alone
You're so golden
You're so golden
I'm out of my head
And I know that you're scared
Because hearts get broken

Alex had stopped commenting entirely at this point he was really listening to the lyrics finding a lot of them felt like they related to him and George and how they are hiding there relationship. Alex didn't know how to feel.

I know that you're scared
Because I'm so open

Those 9 words felt like a stab to the heart for Alex, his eyes began to well up as the video continued in the background. Alex tried to fight back the tears but then he spotted the picture of him and George and all he could think was 'George is scared, because I'm so open'.

George watched as Alex's eyes welled up after those lyrics. George couldn't let this go on any longer, he wanted Alex to be happy. Something inside him broke and all of a sudden he was ready for everyone to know, for them to know he loved Alex Elmslie.

George grabbed his bandanna from the side and put it on, he threw on his cap and sun glasses and rushed up the stairs toward Alex's room. He burst through the door and saw Alex crying, he ran straight over to him and knelt down beside the boy. George placed one hand on Alex's thigh and grabbed the boys cheek with the other, pulling his face towards him to look at him.
"Baby don't cry please" George whispered rubbing his thumb across his face.
"Georgie I'm streaming" Alex chocked out, between sobs.
"I know love that's why I'm wearing the disguise silly, so stop your crying please" George said looking up at Alex who appeared confused and shocked at the same time.
"Alex baby I'm ready" George said looking at the stream and back at Alex again.
"I'm ready for them to know that I George Memeulous am deeply in love with you, Alex Elmslie" George said a little louder than he had been speaking before.

Alex burst into tears over whelmed by everything that had just happened. George stood up to hug Alex. Alex could do nothing but cry, emotions overwhelming him.
"Stop crying please I don't like seeing you cry" George said sadly.
"No Georgie happy tears I promise... I- I never thought you would do that... I'm -I'm so proud of you love" Alex smiled hugging George tighter.
"Well you know what babe I decided loving you is all I need and don't care what people think of me, your the most important" George said booping Alex's nose and wiping away his tears. Alex couldn't see his face but he knew that George had that dopey lovestruck smile on his face, the one Alex loved so much.
"Fuck I love you Georgie" Alex whispered.
"I love you too bubba, now I think you should end the stream because I wanna cuddle you" George said happily.
"Yeah... okay... right guys I know your all freaking out right now... because well that just happened" Alex giggled looking down at George who was now sitting on the floor next to him, holding his hand.
"Yeah I think we sent the Stan accounts into a frenzy bub... oh god everyone's trying to call us right now"  George said looking at his phone. Alex grabbed his phone from the desk.
"Oh god yeah Will and James are spamming the group chat in capitals... right chat I know you have a lot of questions, and we will answer them but right now we have to call everyone back and I wanna cuddle my boyfriend.... so I'm gonna end the stream now bye" Alex waved at the camera and so did George. The stream ended and George took off his mask and glasses.
"Well that happened" was all George could say as he and Alex both stood up.

Alex hugged George wrapping his legs around the older mans waist and nuzzling his face into George's necks. George put his hands under Alex's butt to support his weight and held the man close. Alex lifted his face from George's neck and kissed his boyfriend.
"Right George we need to call Will and James before they break our phones" Alex giggled into George's mouth.
"Yeah let's do that" George said sitting down in Alex's chair with Alex still wrapped around him. "But first let's do this" George whispered  putting one hand on Alex's face and the other on his lower back pulling the boy close to his him passionately.

~Authors note~
1.4k words. Damn I really do be speed writing these one shots. This was really cute and it made me cry a little for some reason. Yes this was inspired by one of my favourite Harry Styles songs because why not.