Our Internet Sensation

(T/W Death and Grief)
⚠️Warning⚠️ I cried a lot whilst writing this, it broke my heart... if you want aesthetic music I was listening to Not about Angels by Birdy on loop the whole time... it really fits the mood and will probably make you cry... I'm sorry in advance 😔

Terminal... the words nobody wants to hear... but they were the words Alex had heard at the doctors all those months ago. Alex thought terminal was an annoyingly polite way to tell someone their going to die. But when Alex was told he only had months left to live he had to accept that nothing could be done.

That fateful day was 4 months ago now... the doctor had told he wouldn't live longer than 5... he knew it was coming to an end. He didn't want to leave, to leave his family, to leave his friends, to leave his Georgie especially. But the world was cruel, Alex was needed elsewhere.

When Alex told George he was dying he thought it was some kind of sick joke... he didn't want to except that he would be loosing the love of his life, his best friend and the man he considered to be his soulmate. But it was going to happen... every day that went by he knew he was one day closer to loosing Alex... he wasn't ready... how could he ever be ready.

When Will and James found out they felt as though the world came crashing down. Alex was the youngest member of their group and they were going to loose him first. This wasn't how it was supposed to be... they were supposed to grow old together. Alex was supposed to attend James and Arias wedding with George by his side. Alex was supposed to be 'Uncle Alex' for Will and Mias children. Alex was supposed to be with them. But that's not how it was going to be.

Everyday since Alex's diagnosis he became weaker and sicker. George stuck by his side everyday even though it was the hardest thing for a person to do, to watch the person you love fade away right in front of you. There came a point in Alex's illness, about 3 months after diagnosis, where Alex could no longer stand alone. He relied on George for everything and George needed Alex to need him, it made him feel like he was helping.

Some nights George would find Alex crying from the pain, George did everything in his power to make him comfortable. Whether that be give him pain medicine which made him sleepy, rub his back or even just hold him close. George cried too, but he never let Alex see him, he cried when ever James and Will visited and looked him sympathetically. He cried into James arms whilst Will distracted his boyfriend. He cried because Alex was going to leave him, and he didn't want that, he wanted a life with Alex like he'd imagined. He cried because Alex was his one and only... his true love... his soulmate.

Right now Alex slept a lot, George would lay with him when he did. He would lay with one over Alex's chest and the other holding Alex's hand. George was deathly afraid to sleep, he was scared because he knew Alex might leave him if he did. Alex could slip away and George wouldn't know, he wouldn't have been there holding him like he wanted to be.

Alex hadn't posted on YouTube in almost 3 months. But today he had asked George to set up a camera in their room so he could record alone. He'd also asked George to invite Will and James over after he'd finished recording because he 'missed them'. The real reason was that Alex thought his was time fast approaching and he wanted to say goodbye.

George clicked record on the video and left Alex alone. Alex was recording this video as a goodbye to the world and to his friends.
"Hello everyone Imallexx" he began realising that was the last time he'd say that saddened him.
"Your probably wondering where I've been...."
Alex finished recording and took the SD card and placed it on a piece of paper that read 'Post this after I'm gone, title it whatever you want, Alex xx'

Will and James had arrived and the four boys were sitting on the bed together Alex leaning  his body against George for support. George ran his hand through the younger mans hair knowing it calmed him, Alex smiled contently. He had one final request he wanted to spend some time alone with George.
"Hey guys I'm really tired can I like maybe take a quick nap, and you guys can stay on the flat thought I wanna talk more" Alex smiled.
"Of course mate me and Jim will go make some food for us all" Will said as James nodded agreeing to the idea.
"And I will lay here and nap with you" George said kissing Alex's cheek and helping him lay down.