Spiders

"Babe I'm going to have a shower" Alex shouted into the corridor from the bathroom.
"Okay I'm gonna start making dinner,
soon, we're having spaghetti that okay with you?" George replied.
"Yes thank you Georgie, love you" Alex called out.

Alex went into the bathroom and shutting the door behind him, locking it out of habit. He threw his shirt off onto the pile of washing in the corner. He lent over the bathtub to turn on the shower, he went to grab the shower handle when I spider dropped from the celling and landed on his hand.

Alex was terrified of spiders they were probably his biggest fear. He was scared of them to a point they'd trigger panic attacks, something Alex really struggled with. He began screaming and shaking his hand violently to get it off of him. The spider dropped off Alex's hand in the floor, this caused Alex to panic more and jump on to the counter top, knocking everything over.

George heard a blood curdling scream from the bathroom followed by a series of clattering sounds. Georges heart stopped for a split second, panic over took him and he dropped the cup he was holding to the ground and began running to the bathroom. Why was Alex screaming? What had happened? Was his boyfriend injured?

George ran to the bathroom door and tried to open it, it was locked.
"Alex baby what's the matter? Can you open the door?" George shouted pushing the door. George could hear Alex's heavy breathing from behind the door. Alex didn't answer him. George could tell Alex was close to having or already having a panic attack. George decided his only option was to force the door open.

Alex could hear George calling out to him from the other side of the door. He couldn't understand that he was saying, everything sounded like he was underwater and he couldn't breathe. He was beginning to feel faint, he was having a panic attack and he couldn't stop it. Alex began to cry he was terrified, partly of the spider and partly because he couldn't breathe.

George burst through the door to see Alex sitting on the counter with his knees pulled up to his chest, Alex was sobbing and hyperventilating uncontrollably.
"Baby what's wrong?" George asked as he hugged Alex. Alex pointed to the floor with a shaky hand.
"Oh no was there a spider?" George asked sympathetically now understanding why his boyfriend was having a panic attack. Alex nodded against George shoulder.
"Okay come on let's get you out of here" George said as he picked Alex up. His boyfriend may have been taller than him but he weighed almost nothing meaning George could easily pick him up.

George carried Alex to their bedroom and lay down on the bed wrapping Alex in a tight hug to calm his panic. Alex tried to control his breathing but he'd worked himself up so much he couldn't. George rubbed circles into Alex's back with one hand and pulled Alex closer with the other, knowing he need to make him feel safe.
"Your okay, I've got you your safe, breathe for me okay Bubba" George whispered into Alex's hair. He felt Alex exhale shakily and inhale again.
"That's it your okay, just breathe okay"
George said kissing Alex's head.

Alex finally got control of his breathing and sat up, George sat up with him and rubbed his shoulders. Alex looked at him and smiled weakly, rubbing his face with his hand.
"You still wanna shower if I get rid of the spider bubba?" George asked taking Alex's hands in his own. Alex nodded.
"Okay I'll go find it" George said standing up and kissing Alex's forehead.

George went into the bathroom and picked up the spider and flushed it down the toilet.
"Okay it's gone now Al" George stated re entering the bedroom.
"Will you come with me, I'm still scared" Alex croaked.
"Of course baby" George nodded. Knowing Alex was prone to having strings of panic attacks and didn't like being alone after one. George took Alex's hand and led him to the bathroom.

George turned on the shower and set it to the temperature Alex liked as his boyfriend shakily took of his own clothes.
"Come in with me?" Alex asked quietly.
"Yeah okay then? You still feel panicky huh?" George asked taking off his shirt.
"Yeah" Alex said sadly. George nodded knowing Alex would probably feel like this all night.

Alex stepped into the shower and George followed him. George hugged Alex, who lay his head on his shoulder as the water ran over them both. Alex yawned into Georges shoulder.
"I'm tired Georgie" Alex whispered.
"I know baby your gonna be tired you alway are after a panic attack... but hey your doing so well you've only had one today... normally you have multiple in a row... I'm so proud of you bubba" George said as he stroked Alex's head.
"Stupid fucking spiders" Alex laughed slightly, as he let go of George.

George smiled glad to see his boyfriend happy again. George got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist grabbing another one and holding it open. Alex stepped out of the shower and George wrapped the towel around his shoulders , kissing his lips and smiling at him.
"I love you cutie" Georgie said booping Alex's nose making his giggle.

They left the bathroom together and George threw Alex one of his hoodies knowing he liked to wear them when he was feeling off, because they smelt like him. Alex put the hoodie on and hugged George, wrapping his arms around the mans neck. George wrapped his arms around Alex's waist and rubbed his hip with his thumb.

George hated seeing Alex suffer from panic attacks they were scary to watch and he knew they were even scarier for Alex to experience. Though George had to admit he loved when Alex was cuddly, which always happened after an attack, he just wished they didn't have to come from such a painful place.

"Come on Mr you gotta let go now because I'm gonna go make us dinner" George said.
Alex groaned and let go off his boyfriend instead grabbed his hand and walked with him to the kitchen. George knew Alex wouldn't want to leave his side all night because it made him feel calm, so he didn't mind Alex being clingy. They walked to the kitchen and Alex sat on the bar stool opposite the oven.

George cooked them dinner and sat next to Alex as they ate. The two finished their meals and moved over to the sofa, George sitting on the sofa with Alex in between his legs laying against his chest. George could tell Alex was falling asleep against him as the man yawned snuggling against him. George rubbed Alex's back and played with his hair, knowing it would help him sleep better. This was his happy place Alex was everything to him.

~Authors note~
1.1k words... Wont lie I think that was terrible to be honest but oh well. I mean spiders.. wtf is going on in my brain. I just hate spiders