Baby love

Based of that song Baby love by The supremes... for no other reason than it's a cute song and it remains a me of my great grandparents... they are the cutest 🥰

George had been out all day running errands around London he missed Alex and couldn't wait to get home. He actually missed his boyfriend when they spent even and hour apart. So it was safe to say George couldn't wait to see Alex's face.

Alex had spent all day messing around making tiktoks because he didn't want to actually film a video with George gone.
The other day he had bought a strawberry dress because somebody had mentioned it on Twitter and when he saw it he couldn't resist.

So right now he was dancing round the kitchen in a dress waiting for George to come home. Alex had him and George's usual playlist playing in the background as he spun and pranced around the kitchen mumbling along to the songs.

When George reached their flat and he unlocked the door, as he entered their flat he could here music coming from what he assumed was their kitchen. George kicked off his shoes into the pile by the door. Thats when he heard it... their song had started to play, this instantly brought a smile to George's face, he loved that song and so did Alex it had so many happy memories attached to it.

On their first date nearly a year and a half ago George had taken Alex to a fancy restaurant the kind that has a dress code and a live band. When they'd finished the rather expensive meal, they had moved over to the dance floor section, where multiple couples were dancing pressed against each other dancing to the music. In that moment 'Baby love by The Supremes started playing, George held Alex's left hand in his right and placed his left on Alex's hip. They danced around the floor together and that's when they had kissed for the first time ever and from then on it had become their song.

Baby love, my baby love
I need you, oh how I need you!
But all you do is treat me bad
Break my heart and leave me sad
Tell me, what did I do wrong?
To make you stay away so long

After George dropped his bags in the corridor he moved towards the sound and entered the kitchen without Alex spotting him. George slid onto one of the barstool and placed his chin on his hands, staring at the man he loved twirling around around in his adorable strawberry dress 'Damn I fucking love him, he's perfect' George thought smiling at Alex who had just noticed him.

'Cause baby love, my baby love
Been missing ya, miss kissing ya
Instead of breaking up
Let's do some kissing and making up
Don't throw our love away
In my arms why don't you stay?
Need ya, need ya, baby love, baby love

"Hey Georgie, Its our song " Alex smiled happily reaching his hand out to grab George's.
"That it is Bub, you look pretty by the way" George said pulling Alex in by the waist and kissing his lips softley.
"Thanks babe, dance with me?" Alex asked pulling away from George.
"Bubba i don't wanna dance" George smiled.
"Pleaseeeee Georgie" Alex whined cutley
"Okay fine but only because I love you" George said standing up and grabbing Alex's waist. Alex smiled wrapping his arms around his boyfriends neck.

Baby love, my baby love
Why must we separate, my love?
All of my whole life through
I never loved no one but you
Why you do me like you do?
I get this need

Alex lent into George's body as George held his hips and swayed them from side to side. George could here Alex murmuring the lyrics into his neck, as they swayed around the kitchen. George's heart fluttered hearing Alex's voice.

Need to hold you, once again, my love
Feel your warm embrace, my love
Don't throw our love away
Please don't do me this way
Not happy like I used to be
Loneliness has got the best of me

George let go of Alex's waist with his left hand and grabbed the mans right. He twirled him around, and dipped his body, kissing him as he did so.
"Your my baby love Alex" George whispered into his mouth.
"Your the cutest boyfriend ever G" Alex whispered.
"Well your the love of my life Alex Elmslie" George stated as if it was obvious, which it was. They smiled widely at each other as they held hands and swayed around the room. George began to sing the next verse directly to Alex.

"My love, my baby love
I need you, oh how I need you!
Why you do me like you do?
After I've been true to you
So deep in love with you"

Alex could physically feel his love for George in his chest. It physically pained him how much he loved George, he felt as though his heart grew every time he looked at George. Alex knew this was what love was supposed to feel like... this was true love. George was Alex's forever after.

Baby, baby, 'til it's hurtin' me
'Til it's hurtin' me, baby love
Don't throw our love away

George felt the exact same way. He knew Alex is the only person he would ever love they were meant to be. Soulmates you could say.

~Authors note~
900 words... it's a lot shorter but it's still really cute.
Also controversial option strawberry dress Alex > Maid dress Alex... I said what I said 👀