Grief

(T/W Grief)

To say George was heart broken was an understatement, 5 minutes ago his life was perfect but now everything was falling apart. He'd just gotten off the phone to his brother who had told him that his Mum had died completely unexpectedly. The women who raised him and his younger brother alone was gone and now he didn't know what to do.

As he ended the call he sat down on his bed letting the phone fall onto the mattress next to him. He sat silently as he processed what was happening, his phone begun to ping and he looked down to see messages of condolence from family members and his Mums friends. It was all too much he couldn't hold back the emotion anymore.

He took in a sharp breath and begun to tear up, he looked over at his bedside to see a picture of his family and that begun the sobbing. He lay down in his bed clutching at the duvet as his body shook, he felt his chest tighten with each cry he let out. He knew nothing was ever going to be this same again and it didn't feel fair she was only 45.

His throat was almost raw as he let out pained screams into his pillow. George could feel his head pounding and his tears were soaking through into the grey pillowcase. He didn't know how long he'd been crying for but his chest hurt and he thought he physically had no tears left.

He pulled his covers up to his neck and let out a shaky breath into the duvet, as he inhaled he could smell the washing powder on the sheets. It wasn't any washing power however it was the washing power his Mum had brung when she'd came over last week and washed George and Alex's sheets for them. The memory of his Mum smiling brightly that day even as she did chores he'd told her not to sent George into another uncontrollable flood of tears.

Alex entered the flat throwing his shoes down on the pile that was forming by the front door. The flat was oddly silent, Alex wondered where George was at he knew he was supposed to be in but he couldn't hear him. He walked up stairs to see if he could find the man, but instead he was greeted by the sound of someone sobbing. His eyes widened when he realised it must have been his boyfriend crying, Alex was seriously worried now. In the 3 years of them living together he'd never seen the man cry he just tended to take out his emotions in other ways.

Alex pushed open the door to Georges room and was greeted by the sight of his boyfriend almost shaking in tears, curled up in a ball amongst the grey sheets. The mans breathing was uncontrolled and his cheeks were puffy and red, indicating the man had been like this for a long time.

"Hey George... what's wrong?" Alex asked softly as he sat down on the bed next to the older man. George looked up at Alex tears spilling down his face, he opened is mouth to speak but was cut off by another sob.
"Oh Georgie... tell me what's wrong..." Alex sighed rubbing his hand along the mans face, not understanding what was happening but understanding that the man was hurting.

George didn't know how to say it, he didn't know how to tell Alex his Mum had died, because if he told him it made it real... she would actually be gone. George could feel Alex gently tracing his fingers through his hair, probably some attempt at calming him.
"Georgie darling... what's happened? Are you sick? What's wrong?" Alex's asked. George still couldn't find the words he instead just shook his head.

Alex sighed as he looked down into the mans sad eyes, he could see the pain in them, Alex knew whatever had happened was really hurting George to a point it was too much for him to even speak.
"Georgie... you don't have to use words... maybe just type it" Alex suggested as he picked up Georges phone. He looked at the screen to see many messages... messages of condolence. Suddenly he understood Georges current state completely.

"Oh... George... I'm so sorry bubba" Alex whispered as he scrolled through the messages on the phone. George let out another sob and tried to curl back up under the covers when Alex tapped his shoulder and opened his arms. George accepted Alex's offer of comfort and let the man hug him tightly as he sniffled and cried.