Chapter Thirty-Eight

I wasn't angry. At least not like I had been before. No, I was mad and frustrated. He had left me in a state of desire and frustration, one that I had spend the next hour trying to fix myself. It was no help. I came eventually but the orgasm seemed to die as soon as it started, leaving me even more annoyed. It was what he wanted, I realised. He enjoyed taunting and teasing me before leaving me craving more. It was a game he clearly enjoyed and one I could never win at. As much as I could sit here and pretend I wouldn't allow for him to get his way again I knew it was futile. Still locked out of the training room and the subspace I decided to venture into the library to find something to read. It wasn't long until I could feel his seiðr creeping closer and the doors opened. I sighed, realising too late that this place was no longer a safe retreat. Refusing to be the one to leave, I went continued to look for something to read. Moments later I felt him behind me, far too close for comfort. Before I could stop myself, I turned and looked up meeting his mischievous gaze. His emerald eyes were so close to mine, and I found myself completely lost in the way the deep greens seemed to swirl around his pupil. His nose graced mine as he put his hands either side of me and leaned down. Unable to help myself, I shivered as his warm breath washed over my face. My eyes closed as my lips parted unconsciously. It was only when a small chuckle left his lips that I realised how my body had betrayed me once more and I snapped my lips closed replacing my expression with a scowl. It hadn't even been that long since I told myself I wouldn't allow him to catch me of guard that way again. It was becoming embarrassing how easily my body betrayed me.

"Now, now pet. There's no need for that." He leaned in closer, so there was barely any room between our lips. His soft lips grazed mine before moving upwards across my cheek, burning a warm path into my skin as they glided over my cheek. "I think it's time we end this dance. Don't you? Ever since Asgard it's been abundantly clear you crave this." He whispered directly into my ear, causing my eyes to flutter close at the sultry tone of his voice. My body leaned into his despite my head shaking no in protest, causing another seductive laugh to leave his lips. My cheeks grew hotter as I internally cursed how submissive my body became when he used such a commanding tone.

"In your dreams." I managed to whisper as I pushed lightly against his chest. Instead, I found my hands just laid there, feeling the firmness of the skin underneath. I swallowed loudly as images of him shirtless rushed to my mind. I cursed at my inability to find my anger that usually so quickly rushed to me when I thought of him.

"More like in yours. Although I suppose it would be more accurate to say fantasies." He laughed and my eyes snapped up to his in horror. I told myself it just had to be an educated guess. That he couldn't actually know I'd ever thought about him when I tried to make myself come. It wasn't often it happened, but it did happen. Especially over the last month when I had been too drunk to force myself to think about something or someone else.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about." I mentally sighed at the lack of strength in my voice. He raised one of his hands to my cheek and began tracing his fingertips softly down my cheek and across my throat, my head tilting slightly to give him better access in response.

"Oh pet..." He chuckled, "Don't you realised that your shields lower themselves when you release? I thought you would have realised by now, they do seem to lower themselves when you are near me, it would follow they would as you thought about me." My mouth opened in shock, and he smirked at me. "You practically yell out to me when you cum. And the things you imagine, well I wouldn't say I'm overly surprised." He leant in further, closing the gap between us so our bodies were flush against each other. My back was pressed firmly against the bookshelf and so even if I wanted to I had nowhere to retreat. My hands prevented my breasts from pressing into him, but nothing stopped his hips from pressing into my lower stomach. I gasped as I felt how hard he was against me, and my hips moved up to press harder. Embarrassed, I went to move away but he followed me back until the bookcase prevented me from moving any further.