CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

Hi, fam! Kindly feel free to listen to the song above at any point in time.

Love 💙

———————————————-

———————————————-

"So, Yvette, how did you recognise the fact that there was a hidden bomb on one of my guests?"

Aquilina had expected the question when she had been called to have a meal with him. Looking into the eyes of Vladimir, she took in a breath and replied calmly.

"I was trained in the military. And a part of that training had to do with learning to identify such items."

It was the truth. She had received such training since childhood. And she was glad Suzy had included it in Yvette's file as well.

"I see," he replied slowly, studying her.

"Now Yvette, what do you say about joining my team?"

——————

Javier hadn't known which page to turn to when he opened the Book

Javier hadn't known which page to turn to when he opened the Book. He knew there were many books in it, but he had no idea where to start.

What of the beginning? He thought to himself.

Suddenly, that sounded like a wonderful idea. He quickly found it, Genesis 1:1;

He read it slowly under his breath, trying to grasp the meaning of the words. But as he went further, certain verses caught his attention.

"2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

There was something about that which seemed to resonate with his own life as well.

He felt as if the description wasn't about the earth... but his life. He felt void and empty.

But the second part of the verse piqued his interest. "And the Spirit of God moved..."

He suddenly felt an insatiable thirst for God. For His Holy Spirit to touch his own life as well.

Javier didn't know how it happened. All he knew was that he needed Him. And His Light.

He soon found his knees on the floor and heard a voice cry out. It was his own voice, sure. But the cry went out from deeper than his throat.

The cry went out from his heart, sending tears flooding his face.

"God, I need you. I know I don't deserve You, nor do I know how to even ask. But please, God..."

He switched to his mother tongue.

"JESÚS, Te necesito.(JESUS, I need you.)"

He wasn't sure how long he had been on his knees, nor had he even heard of Skylar's arrival.

Skylar had reached out to gently touch his shoulder. He hadn't said a word to him. But Javier felt he understood what was going on.

After a while, he slowly rose to his feet. But he could feel he didn't rise as the same person who had gone down on his knees.

He had risen up a different person. He felt lighter and happier. Strangely enough, his headache which usually took a long time to dissipate, had vanished.

"You okay now?" Skylar asked him.

Javier turned to face him, a smile etched on his face.

"Never felt better."

Sure, he didn't know where Aqui was and wished he did. Yes, his mother had once abandoned him.

He also had a nation to help rule. But now, he felt he wasn't alone in all of it.

God was with him. And He was going to see him through.

——————————————————