CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

———————————-

———————————-

———————————-

Javier barely had any appetite as he stared at the meal Skylar had set before him.

But he felt he had to eat at least, a bit of it. For Skylar had prepared it himself. A thing Javier found strange, for that didn't fit the 'Pop Star' personality he had heard of.

As he reached to take a bite, Skylar's voice caused him to halt.

Looking up, he found the younger boy's head bowed as he prayed.

Strange. I guess it runs in the family.

"Have you always... believed?" Javier asked when the prayer ended and he reached out for the spoon yet again.

"I never heard anything about you having any such beliefs."

Skylar didn't look offended, but he calmly took a bite of the meal before answering.

"I wasn't... committed. I never took my faith seriously," he folded his hands on the table and looked into the distance.

He remained quiet for a few moments before continuing.

"It took finding out about an incident that occurred a couple of months back for me to finally return to my faith."

He finally glanced at Javier. And that was when the latter noticed the unshed tears that glistened in his eyes.

"It was when I found out the consequences of my actions... that I realised how much I needed a Saviour."

————-

Back At The H-Estate

"Check the various CCTV footages to ensure that we... were not seen," Rufus commanded, his voice sounding diminishing a tad bit at the end as he stowed his weapon away.

He sounded weary but agitated. They had failed their mission because somehow, none of their targets had shown up.

"Rufus, how are we going to tell the Rukovoditel'?" One of his underlings questioned.

Casting a vicious glance his way, Rufus reached out to grab his collar aggressively.

"Well, if you are so concerned, you might have the honour of doing it yourself." He spat in his face angrily.

-------------

Aquilina felt torn as she went out to call Claire, Vladimir's Secretary

Do I keep silent and hope he and his entourage blow up—ending it all?

She took a deep breath and relayed the summon to Claire before quickly returning to her workstation. But her mind was still reeling.

Well, I doubt I will get a chance to speak to the Rukovoditel' about it anyway. I might as well hurry up and find a way to escape it all.

Finding her work unit, Aqui tried to busy herself whilst forming an escape plan in her mind. But the uneasiness continued to grow in her heart.

There are innocent people in the building, too. LORD, what do I do?

Aqui bit her nails nervously. It was a habit she rarely resulted to—except in dire situations. She breathed a silent prayer and glanced around her. She had to do the right thing.  She would have to help—even if it meant saving the Rukovoditel' himself.

And pray that Divine Justice would catch up with him in time. She felt her resolve solidifying.

As Aqui pondered over how she was going to inform them, she was called in—again.

"The Rukovoditel' must really be fond of naive looking girls like you," the head matron said. "He rarely calls one person twice."

Aqui knew it wasn't a result of any naïveté she possessed. God was leading her through it all.

————————

Another chapter, lovely fam! Thanks so much for your love, support, and comments

Another chapter, lovely fam! Thanks so much for your love, support, and comments. They really encourage me. I'm eternally grateful. I can't even express it fully. DIOS te bendiga.

P.S. Are you okay with how things are unfolding? Things seem tense now, but please continue to stick around.

Interesting fact: I always copy and paste the 'Rukovoditel' 😂😂😂

Hasta Luego!

Phelita ❤️❤️❤️