CHAPTER TWELVE

It's tonight

It's tonight. After tonight, I get to see this all end. I don't know if I like that idea or not. A part of me wishes to remain friends with Francesco after this.

But the dominant part, tells me to let go. I take in a deep breath, and look at the deep blue gown on the bed.

It's just perfect, with its Swarovski pearls. It doesn't expose anything inappropriate but it's beautiful nonetheless.

 It doesn't expose anything inappropriate but it's beautiful nonetheless

He knows my taste. I say to myself, pleased.

I look down at the note that came with it again, "Please wear this for the event. I'll pick you up at 5 PM."

Signed F. R. R.

Well, I guess it's showtime.

~

I feel my palms getting sweaty and the uneasiness in my tummy as I stare at the crowd in the room.

The event is obviously for the youngsters in royal circles — the intention is to get them to socialise with their own kind. From the Velvet themed decoration to the food, everything is exquisite.

But why am I feeling uneasy? I have always hated being the center of attention. And that is what is going on right now.

"You look beautiful. Ignore their stares." Francesco whispers in my ears and gives me a slight smile, squeezing my hand which is in his.

I only force a smile and nod. I have had cases in the WACO before where I had to attend similar events.

I can pull this off.

As we walk further towards the center of the large hall, I only look ahead.

I spot Javier amongst those gathered there, and feel a little relieved to see a familiar face there.

"Javi," Francesco says.

"Frances," Javier responds. He only nods at me. But I guess I'm used to his coldness by now.

I was expecting to see Rosa with him, but didn't.

They go on to chat in Italian and I pretend not to understand and rather glance around me.