CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Time seemed to stand still as Aquilina attacked him to the ground with full speed

She had been trained and was a black belt in both Judo and BJJ(Brazilian Jiu Jitsu), but no amount of practice could still her heart as she realised what could be at stake.

She had managed to divert the gun's initial target causing it to hit the glass window behind the cafeteria instead.

"Agh!"

She could hear the screams as she tackled the attacker on the floor. She hit him a few times, with restrained punches.

But she had hit some vital points which she knew would weaken him for some moments, at least.

She didn't want to 'kill' their assassin—he would be the key to finding out who was behind it all.

When she knew he was incapacitated, she got up to look at the scene. The shotgun lay on the floor as it had dropped to the floor in the process.

It is a McMillan TAC-50, she noticed but didn't touch it.

She soon felt her phone vibrate. It was Mike. As she tried to pick it up, a sharp pain arrested the left side of her chest—she couldn't breathe.

Dear God, no. Her vision blurred as the pain increased.

Mike? Help me!

She wanted to say it over the phone, but she couldn't.

She felt dizzy and felt the whole world spinning before her vision finally went black.

————————

"She is gaining consciousness," the voice seemed to call out to her from a far distance. She recognised that voice.

"Oh, the witch is up," now that voice she knew.

Why is Rosa here?

"So, you think she tried to shoot Javier?" Francesco asked.

"Oh, please. They found the evidence. It missed him by a mark."

"Everyone, be silent," Javier's voice silenced the others, but there was a slight bit of shuffling in the background.

Slowly, Aquilina felt her eyes open, and she squinted when the light met her eyes.

"Where am I?" She drawled.

"You're at the MediCentre dear," Nurse Rose said softly moving to her side.

"Francesco, Rosa, and Javier, come with me, please." She was shocked when she turned and saw  her brother, Mike, stand in the doorway.

He gave her the look that seemed to say, don't worry, everything will be fine.

As the others walked out of the Centre, she begun to recall the events of the past hours. Wanting to visit the old library, the assassin, the near attempt on Javier's life.

And what did Francesco mean by I tried to shoot Javier? Her eyebrows creased.

She felt frustrated and tried to rise up but felt the pain from before shoot her back down.

"Please, sit back," Rose smiled a bit and held Aqui down.

Did she also believe Aqui was behind the attack? What about... Javier? What did he also think?

Surely, he'll believe me, she thought.

Rose attended to her and gave her some pain relievers which aided a bit.

She lay on the bed at the MediCentre for a while till she saw Mike return.

"Can you excuse us for a moment?"

"Sure, Princ—ugh, Mike." She smiled and turned around to leave.

Of course, they knew he was a Prince. His identity had long been revealed, though he still practiced law and worked with the WACO.

As many of her siblings did.

But they didn't know that they were siblings.

She slowly sat up, bracing herself for whatever information he had for her.

—————————

Hi, wonderful people!

Thanks so much for sticking around. GOD bless you all. Please let me know what you think about the past chapters.

I dedicate this to SunStarsandHeaven I'm grateful.

Much Love,
Phela 💗