CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Everything is set, Javier thought whilst looking at his packed suitcase

Unlike other princes who loved to have help in everything, he had chosen to pack his own suitcase for the trip. He loved his independence and to settle his own business.

And everything was set, but his heart. He glanced at the clock, and then at the document he held in his hand.

It is now or never. That document could seal everything for him. He knew he wasn't certain about what he was going to do.

But he felt he had no choice.

"Demetrius," he called for the man who had been patiently waiting his summons.

He had accompanied him to sign the document, as a witness. And all that was left, was to submit it and wait for the final certificate-after the other party had signed.

"Submit it after I take off," Javier instructed the man.

"Are you sure, Señor?"

"Claro (Crystal Clear)," he had made his decision.

Demetrius gravely took the document - the marriage document.

"What do I tell your Father, Señor?"

"I will tell him myself when the time is right."

Demetrius nodded courteously and turned around to leave. When the door shut firm behind him, Javier sighed and run a hand through his dark hair.

"What have I done?" He questioned out loud.

Yet for all his frustration was worth, he didn't feel as anxious as he thought he would feel. He was strangely calm.

He thought back on how he had come upon this decision.

~

"Let's take a break," Francesco called out to his violet-eyed friend.

Javier silently swung his racket upon his neck and walked out of the tennis court.

He followed Francesco into his garden where a table of food had been set.

"You must eat something," Francesco passed him a plate.

They had met together on Francesco's estate to play tennis. And he knew Javier rarely ate in public, but they had been alone - without counting the guards - for the entire day and yet, he hadn't eaten a thing.

"It's almost 5 PM," he went on, but Javier just shook his head and drank a glass of water.

He had been much more quiet since the incident, Francesco had noted.

"Look Javier, I get it. You feel hurt by the whole situation, but you have to move on."

Javier turned away to look at the horizon. The sun was setting, he noticed.

"I'll use your restroom," he finally replied after a moment of silence.

As he walked, he thought about his dilemma. They were leaving for France the next day, yet, he had no news of Aquilina.

He had written her again, but received no reply. Jason had told him he couldn't do anything about his situation, which he found strange.

And stranger still, was the fact that he couldn't locate her, despite his unlimited resources.

The list of those going to France hadn't included her name when he last checked.

He felt like he was at a dead-end. His father was awaiting his response.

His phone beeped as he walked out of the restroom. As he stepped on the Rosa Aurora flooring that led to the back door, he took it out.

He felt a smile spread across his face as he read the message on the screen.

"And how are we today?" It was from AngelicEagle.

His new friend. It was strange, how she made him feel at peace, and calm.

Yet, he barely knew her. He sighed when he thought of the other piece to his dilemma.

He had found a new feature on the Friendar app, which had piqued his interest - the online marriage feature.

It wasn't all online - but the concept was, you could get married through their service to anyone across the globe.

All you had to do was to apply for it, and hope the person agrees.

Once that's settled, you walk into their office. You'd then sign the document, and they will see to the other party signing it as well - wherever they are.

He didn't want to do it. But since he had seen it, he couldn't help but feel that was his only choice.

That was if his new friend didn't reject him as Aquilina had done.

"Javi! Come on, what are you waiting for?" Francesco called out to him.

Francesco had seen his friend idling by the back door which led back to the garden.

What was he waiting for?

-----------

Hi lovelies! GOD bless you for making it this far. Please, don't beat me... yet. Okay? Deal? Deal.

And GOD bless you, PamKayy and EmilyKayy1820 The love is deep.

Much Love,

Phela