CHAPTER SEVEN

~~~~~
When all have failed, or you can't seem to break through, just love, like you have never been hurt. It is the greatest weapon.
~~~~~

Aquilina woke with a start as the bell sounded through the old deserted library

Aquilina woke with a start as the bell sounded through the old deserted library. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

She glanced at her wrist watch and groaned. She had missed her last period but wait — where was Javier?

She had dozed off after singing to him and certifying he was asleep. But now, he was nowhere to be found.

Oh, well! She thought. 

She yawned again, and headed home on the bus — filled with *ahem* only Commoners — after grabbing her bag from her cubicle. 

She plugged in her earbuds and listened to some classical music whilst gazing out the window.

"I'm home!"

She shouted after code-unlocking their door. She had noticed her cousin's car parked outside — and another; a black Rolls-Royce Cullinan.

A neighbour? She thought

A neighbour? She thought. They lived in a decent neighbourhood but who would drive a Rolls-Royce?

She kicked off her shoes, and in her socked feet headed straight for the fridge. She gulped down the water in one go. She felt weary for some reason, and had not paid much attention to her surroundings.

After quenching her thirst, she heard a slight movement behind her and turned around expecting to find Jason.

"Ja-" She paused.

Gazing at her with his ever so violet eyes, was Javier. He sat behind the kitchen counter with his phone in hand.

She gulped at the intensity of his gaze.

"Oh, hi?" She said looking puzzled.

He only stared coldly as Jason descended the stairs toward them.

"Oh, you're in! I couldn't find you after school. Where were you?" Jason asked.

"I sort of... dozed off somewhere today," Aqui replied, sipping some water to muffle the sound.