CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Javier was pensive on the flight back

Javier was pensive on the flight back. Francesco tried making a light conversation with him but soon found that his friend wasn't really in the mood though he was cordial.

Javier had a lot on his mind and barely heard the conversation around him.

"I still can't believe it!" Rosa exclaimed to Audrey.

As they were all close in one way or the other, with Audrey being related to Francesco, they had returned on one private jet.

"Neither can I," Audrey lowered her head.

"And to think that we all treated Aquilina so badly," the usually arrogant Rosa said with chagrin.

"Ugh!" Audrey felt frustrated. "Do you think she'll return to school?"

"She's a surgeon," Francesco finally spoke up.

"My mum once told me all about the trial their family has. She said we'll be visiting Queen Moriah Jaye soon." Audrey informed them.

"You'll be going to Israel?" Rosa was intrigued.

"Yes!" Audrey smiled at the thought of that.

I'll have to befriend Aqui, she thought to herself.

Then Javier checked the ETA and knew they would touch down soon. His feelings were mixed as he thought about what awaited his arrival.

His father had told him that he would have to move in with Aqui, though he'll frequent between there and his own home to manage the nation's affairs.

That gladdened him greatly.

Aqui was allowed to visit his own home with great discretion. He had already made a call for his home to be renovated according to her tastes and asked that a cook be hired for whenever she came to visit.

He wasn't returning to school but would be receiving private studies. And that would be balanced with him taking over from his father.

But what troubled him the most was Aqui's reaction. She had accepted the marriage with great reluctance.

He thought it was just a moment's reaction. They were both shocked by the situation. But she had been so cold to him as they were departing.

Perhaps, she just didn't want others to know. Yes, that must be it.

He comforted himself with that thought as the plane finally landed.

—————

"How many more documents are left to be reviewed?" Aqui asked Tal.

She was on the 90th floor of the Homeric Royal Land's Main Office. It wasn't an ordinary office.

Every room of the building was exquisitely designed.

The office she was occupying, was Sal's

The office she was occupying, was Sal's. Though she had her own inner office close to his.

The huge office desk was white with golden carvings. And it had a huge white and golden seat.

"Sal wanted you to handle the deal about Petra," Tal informed her.

"I see..."

"You'll have to deal with Kai about that."

He handed her the last document in his hand, and she read through it speedily but not neglecting a single word.

Afterwards, she placed her signature on it. Well, it wasn't fully hers, though it was.

It was Sal's signature. But the funny thing was, he always signed her name, while she signed his.

She stood up and stretched out a bit whilst glancing out the huge window at the mansions below.

They all belonged to their estate. She looked at the river that divided the rest of the buildings from a few that stood secluded. Amongst those, was her home.

"He will be living with you, right?" Tal's voice interrupted her thoughts.

She knew who he was referring to — Javier. She took a breath and nodded her head.

Aqui knew he had arrived the day prior. But, she hadn't dared to call him.

And apart from that, she wanted to clear out her home before doing so. To clear a space for him.

But, work hadn't permitted her.

She thought of his hopeful gaze before their departure. She hadn't meant to be cold, but she was afraid of what he would think if he found out about her past.

Would he look at her the same way? Or be disgusted by her?

Either way, she knew she had to face him sooner or later.

Aqui quickly grabbed her purse and car keys before saying a short 'Goodbye' to Tal.

As she was in a hurry, she hadn't had the time to see the smile Tal had on his face before her departure.

He knew where she was going to, and above all, who she was going to see soon enough. He knew her well.

He was glad to see her finally putting in some action.

Little girl, you're in for surprises.

Tal had been with Sal when the incident occurred. They had been looking for her, having a hunch that something was wrong.

A spy had informed them of her kidnap. So he knew everything about her. He had long wished for his 'child' to move on.

And he was glad that she was finally taking a step in that direction.

——————-

Hi, fam! It's been long

Hi, fam! It's been long. I'm so sorry. Things have been so busy and I'm weary.

Are you okay with such short updates for the moment?

GOD bless you all!

Love,

Phela