CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

"Oro seems to be winning at this rate," the announcer declared over the fully packed tournament hall

"They seem to have a strong lead in exploiting the vulnerabilities of their opponents." His companion responded.

"It's funny how Velvet Regent seems to do practically nothing as Oro continues to attack them. They're not defending."

The team members of Velvet Regent glanced at each other in confusion. They had followed everything their new Captain had told them to do, as per Lu Xia's request.

But they didn't seem to be winning.

"It seems this game will end rather early. Giving Oro the title of winning this CTF competition at the fastest possible time."

"Is it because Velvet Regent's main Captain is not sitting in?"

Aqui catches Lu Xia's eye and he nods. He understood her plan. He stood in the team's stand wearing his dark jacket.

"Give us the most beautiful victory ever," Lu Xia had told her before they started.

As Aqui prepared to do just that, she thought she saw a familiar blonde-haired person seated in the crowd.

Probably my imagination. It must be Francesco, Aqui thought. She refocused.

"Uh-oh... something's not right. This shouldn't be happening."

"Are the machines experiencing a bug? No way!"

The screen above the tournament hall showed what had taken place.

Just when Oro thought they had the upper hand, the back door was kicked open.

One, two...

"The replacement Captain has cracked the code at the last second! Velvet Regent wins!"

The room was filled with a stunned silence before the applause erupted.

"I never saw that coming. Well done, Velvets! They completely fooled their enemies into thinking they had the upper hand."

"Say Frank, do you know the name of the beautiful Captain?"

"You know, I heard a rumour. I don't know how true it is. It's said that this is the last child of King Jaye..."

As their team was called up to the stage, Aqui was hugged by a very over-enthused Lu Feng Mian, the twin brother of Lu Xia.

"Daebak(Great). Good job, dear." He had often spoken to her in Korean since their last visit to the place together.

He was one of her closest friends, a co-surgeon. And engaged to another close associate of hers.

As Aqui stood with the group to collect the trophy, she felt overwhelmed.