CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"You made me rush over for this?"

"Sí (Yes), we have a project to work on, remember?"

"But I was out with a friend, for crying out loud!" Aquilina almost whined.

"Exactly. A great time to be learning some Spanish for the assignment, don't you think? Instead of wasting time elsewhere."

Javier smiled derisively as he raised a glass of juice to his lips, annoying her further.

Aqui had followed Philip to his parent's Restaurant, after dropping by at home to change her clothes and pick her phone and other stuff.

His parents, Kim Yong Doo(Father) and Kim Joo Eun (Mother) were very welcoming despite having other customers to attend to, and treated her as a daughter.

The daughter they never had, as Joo Eun put it. According to them, Philip had never introduced them to any friend of his.

Aqui had been having a good time, deciding to help out with the serving of food, after enjoying her own meal. For the place was packed — which testified to how good the food there was.

She found herself enjoying it all, till she received a phone call — from Javier to be exact. After he had asked her where she was and what she was doing, he demanded that she return to her home.

"It's an emergency," he had said.

Aqui, afraid something was wrong, rushed home to find Javier waiting for her on the couch with a pile of books on the table. To teach her a language she already understood and spoke — unbeknownst to him, of course.

So, she had to endure an hour and half of pretending to be clueless.

"So good night is 'Buenos Nachos'?"

"Buenas Noches!" He looked exasperated. This was the third time she had made that 'mistake'.

"How do you manage to get all those grades with such a low IQ?"

"I promise I'll try harder."

"Let's take a break." And he stood up, stretching.

"Good idea," she took a sip from her glass of water and earned a glare from him.

But his glare had lost its touch of iciness, and he had rather been amused by the whole situation.

"I'm starving," he said after a moment.

"I'm satisfied," she replied which was true.

"And you didn't think to bring me something? I waited for so long."

"You're kidding, right? I didn't even know you were here."

"But after I called, didn't you think to get me anything?" That made her feel guilty.