CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Vladimir above ☝🏼

————————————-————————————-

On reaching home, Aquilina felt drained

On reaching home, Aquilina felt drained. She wasn't only exhausted physically, but mentally as well.

She tiredly took off her shoes at the entrance and slipped her feet into her fluffy indoor ones.

"Estás aqui (you're here)."

Aqui's head jerked up in surprise at the sound of Javier's voice. She hadn't expected him to be waiting around for her.

"Hey," she said softly to him, a tired smile on her face. She began to walk toward him.

"Long day, huh?"

"That's an understatement," she dropped her bag on the sofa. "I'm knackered. Sorry to have kept you waiting for so long."

As she approached him, she noticed how different he looked.

He often dressed formally, even at school—to show off his status.

But dressed in his khakis and a simple T-shirt, she realised how beautiful and young he was. He was just like her.

Young, yet they had both been thrown into a chaotic world filled with power-hungry fiends.
And they never seemed to be satisfied till they had trodden everyone underfoot to reach their goals.

"I got you this," Javier said softly to her.

Aqui then noticed the steaming cup in his hand. She gently reached for it.

"Mmm..." she moaned, giving him an approving smile when she realised its contents. "Hibiscus tea, my favourite."

"And I added some ginger too." He casually placed his hands in his pocket.

"Muchas gracias(Thanks a lot), Javi."

"Javi?" He cocked an eyebrow, clearly amused. "So you're giving me a nickname now, angelito mío?"