CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

—————————————-

—————————————-

A knock at the door caused Aquilina to return to the present

A knock at the door caused Aquilina to return to the present. She quickly grabbed her frames which were on the nightstand and attempted to readjust her hair.

"Come in, please!" She called out, remembering to use her French accent.

The door opened slowly, and a young lady, clearly in her twenties entered. She was beautiful, but what drew Aqui the most was her smile.

"I finally get to see the Rukovoditel' guest!" She gushed, her Russian accent evident.

"You're very pretty."

She reached out to draw the curtains.

"One always needs sunshine in the morning."

She glanced at Aqui and smiled brightly again.

"You are Miss Yvette, right?"

"That's the name—"

Barely letting her finish her sentence, she rushed forward to her and grabbed her hands.

"Let's hurry! The Rukovoditel' has ordered that you join him for breakfast," she dragged Aqui into a chair in front of a dresser and begun to brush her hair skilfully.

"He rarely has guests over to this place, mind you. This place is private, not even his closest contacts know of it."

"Really?" Aqui asked, her eyebrows raised in wonder.

In actuality, she had heard of the secluded villa from Lady Al before embarking on her journey. But, she didn't want to blow her cover or act like she knew too much.

"You must be really close for him to have brought you here, right Miss?"

"Oh, no!" She responded quickly. "We barely know each other."

Aqui noticed the shock on the young lady's face as she glanced at the mirror.

"You don't?"

"No, we don't."

Aqui didn't know how to explain that their first meeting had had something to do with a bomb.

She remembered how Vladimir had investigated and found her claim to be true. He had cancelled the wrestling match and asked everyone to evacuate.

And just when Aqui was about to leave with everyone else, he called her to join him as he left in his private jet.

"Wow, then I'm sure you're here for something special, Miss. For I've never heard of anything like it before."

"Please, just call me A—Yvette."

The young lady whose name Aqui was yet to find out gasped.

"I dare not! Or the Rukovoditel' will have my head for certain. Please, no!"

"Okay, fine," Aqui resigned in frustration. "Can you at least tell me your name then?"

"Sure, Miss. My name is Alina," the lady smiled cheerfully at Aqui.

"A beautiful name," she smiled back.

"Thank you. Now we must hurry up. The Rukovoditel' is waiting."

——————————————

Javier Miguel García had never felt so low in his life

Javier Miguel García had never felt so low in his life. He could feel his heart aching with the weight of his depression.

His headaches had started again. Sure, it was mostly a psychological pain—but it hurt more than ever before. He couldn't remember ever feeling that amount of pain.

Skylar hadn't returned yet. Gulping down a whole bottle of water to help with the pain, — which hadn't really worked—he felt the need to distract himself.

I barely brought anything along when I left.

His phone was of no interest to him. But as he stowed it away into his pocket, his hand touched something else.

Something he had forgotten he had taken along the day before—Aqui's pocket Bible.

It was cute as it lay in his palms.

I may not know if I can trust her. But can I trust her GOD?

————————

Hi, lovelies! Did anyone else notice GOD'S Hand in the fact that the assassins didn't find anyone in Aqui's home, as per the previous chapters?

Drop your thoughts on this!

And... what do you think of Alina?

Love,

Phela ❤️