CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A/N: The above song brings about Aqui's feelings toward the end of the chapter.

Her eyelids flickered open and for a moment everything was blurry

Her eyelids flickered open and for a moment everything was blurry. As her eyes adjusted to the dimness of the room, she took note of everything around her, propelling herself to not be alarmed.

She took in deep breaths.

Am I in handcuffs? No.

Can I move freely? She wiggled her toes. Check.

Was I kidnapped last night? No memories of that.

Did I mistakenly get married last night?

Oh... then she remembered. No she had not gotten married. But she had attended the event with Francesco... Rosa... Javier!

The pain of the embarrassment she had felt tugged at her heart. But she did not want to give in to it.

She began to take in her surroundings instead.

Why was she the one under the sheets? And where was Javier?

She vaguely remembered waiting to make sure Javier was fast asleep, and inhaling a bit of the calming Lavender oil.

That must have been it! She glanced around the room... the shades had been drawn in.

She rose up slowly, and pulled it apart. She then glanced at the clock sitting by the bedside, it was 10:39 AM.

Oh, dear! That oil has really done a number on me.

She looked down at herself, her shoes were off, but gladly her clothes were still on.

She found her bag and before heading outside to find Javier, tied a head scarf she often kept in her bag on her head and prayed.

(A/N: How she tied her hair :) )

For it had become second nature to her. To pray before everything else.

"...In JESUS' Name, I pray, Amen."

"Do you always do that?" She nearly jumped at his voice.

"Javier Miguel García!" She exclaimed feeling exasperated. Did he always have to startle her?