CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

I love the above song! And I'm so glad to be able to use it. You could listen to it before, during, or after. Or not. It's up to you. 😁

———————————————————-

"How do you feel?"

"I'm much better, Aqui." Jason replied. He did look better though he was still a bit weak.

"He woke up shortly after he was brought here. The doctors said you did a good job," Mike smiled at her.

Aqui tried to smile back, but it didn't reach her eyes. She had barely rested the previous night after her encounter with Tarquin.

She felt like she was at another dead end.

"We thank God he's okay," Aqui responded quietly, rubbing her right arm in the process.

Mike stood up and stretched.

"Let's grab some tea, Aqui. I'm pretty spent."

He sensed something was wrong with his sister and wanted to talk to her alone.

————————

"You are what?"

"I want to abdicate for you." King Domingo II replied.

"Not now, of course. But, in a few months' time. I want you to settle with your future bride first." He went on to explain.

"You must be joking. Nunca(Never)!"

King Domingo sat comfortably on a huge golden-edged sofa

King Domingo sat comfortably on a huge golden-edged sofa. He seemed to enjoy his son's discomfort as he drank from his glass.

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

Javier stood up from his seat and began to pace up and down.

"No, father... I just have something to tell you." It was time for him to let the truth out.

—————

"What's eating you up?" Mike took a sip of his tea and looked at his sister expectantly.