CHAPTER FIFTY

Woohoo! Thank God for Fifty Chapters. I never thought we'd make it. I'm grateful to you all for sticking around too.

------------------------------------

————————————————————————-

Javier felt before he saw the emptiness when he woke up the next morning

The illumined windows cast their morning light on the other side of the bed that wasn't supposed to be empty. But it was.

Maybe she's gone to work early.

Yet, there was a nagging feeling in his gut. Trying to push the feeling down, Javier decided to get up. And that was when he saw the note.

——————————

"Yvette?"

The security personnel asked, checking the ID.

"That's the name," Aqui said with a French accent, pushing her glasses up her nose.

She was back to her thick frames.

"Well, you will be working at Zone X. Hurry along now, the Boss hates tardiness."

He handed back her ID and she hurried along. She went over the map Lady Alba had drawn for her with her mind's eye.

"First the elevator, then the stairs. Finally, the hallway..." Aqui muttered silently to herself as she went along.

There were tons of people filing in below—all coming to watch the match. Aqui took note of them to see if she recognised any of the people around.

Loud music blasted through the speakers.

--------------------

"She what?" Skylar's voice screeched from the other end of the phone.

"I woke up and she was gone, Sky." Javier resumed pacing around the living room.

"Well, did she leave any message? Anything?"

"A note."

"What did it say?"

"That I may not understand why she had to leave. But, she had to do it. And..." Javier sighed looking at the note for the umpteenth time.

"And, what Javier?"

"And she left me an address. Asking me to go there... and that I will understand things better if I do."

Javier heard Skylar sigh over the phone.

"Will you be going then?"

-------------------

I must not be late.

Aqui had to report to the Leader of that Zone.

But as she checked her watch, she didn't notice a cart coming in her direction at full speed.

She could have dodged it with her quick reflexes, but that would have brought a lot of attention her way. And that was something she had to avoid.

"Ouch," she squealed a bit as she collided with the cart. The force was strong causing her to lose her balance.

Ground, here I come, your best buddy, she thought to herself waiting to feel the impact of the floor.

1, 2, 3 seconds.

"Careful," a masculine voice whispered in her ears.

That was when Aqui realised she hadn't hit the floor. But rather, strong arms had enveloped her.

"Huh?"
She felt dumbfounded for a moment. But, she quickly collected herself and stood back up pulling away from the stranger.

She adjusted her clothes and glasses and turned to face the person who had helped her.

"Thank you very much for—," she froze when she realised who it was.

It was none other than the Rukovoditel' himself.

———————-

Sorry, this is pretty short

Sorry, this is pretty short. But please, let me know what you think.

Love,
Phela.