CHAPTER TEN

"Uhm

"Uhm... where did you say we are going again?" She asked — again.

I smile at her and continue to speed off. Seriously, teasing this girl is becoming my hobby.
I must admit, she is beginning to grow on me.

There is something about her, which makes her just... unique. And different. Even different from Rosa, I hate to admit.

It can't be her clothes, for she dresses ever so simply and conservatively. But one can't deny, she has a certain beauty which makes everything she wears look good on her — even though she wears no make up — with her naturally rosy lips, and long lashes.

"Do we have to paint so far away?" She asks again with a trace of a whine in her voice.

"Little girl, if people fly miles to see an artwork, I think we can travel to the moon to paint it." I wink.

She gapes, then shuts her mouth folding her arms over chest, a signature stance of hers.

I smirk, it's been so long since I was ever this entertained.

And in case you didn't realise who this is, this is Francesco, and I just allowed you a moment into my Royal mind. You're welcome.

————————

"Okay, so your idea of getting inspired for the artwork is to swim in — the middle of nowhere?" Aqui gestured around her

"Okay, so your idea of getting inspired for the artwork is to swim in — the middle of nowhere?" Aqui gestured around her. "Fine, but you're on your own."

Francesco had driven them miles away only to end up in a secluded mansion surrounded by trees and bodyguards.

She wished for the hundredth time that she had had enough sense to have grabbed her phone from home. She had left with him right after school.

"Can you at least grab me that glass if you're going to leave me all alone in here? I'm thirsty."

She did his bidding and grabbed the glass. But as she handed it to him, she felt his hand grab hers and pull her into the water.

She gasped and thrashed for a second before resurfacing, to the resounding laughter of Francesco.

"What if I didn't know how to swim? I could have drowned!" She exclaimed, exasperated.

"Then I would have had the chance to be your knight in shining armour."

"A knight in a bathing suit would be more like it." She splashed him and he laughed. She had gotten fond of hearing his laughter. It settled her. "My uniform is all wet, and my glasses seem to be in tears."

It was a miracle her glasses had survived that.

He climbed out and offered her his hand, which she gladly accepted.

He then grabbed a towel and gently ruffled her wet hair loosening her ponytail. His closeness was unnerving.

He took her glasses off next, and asked,

"Can you see okay without it?"

She did not want to lie for she could see very well without it but rather said, "I'm not blind, you know."

He smirked and looked at her strangely.

"What is it?"

"Nothing just... has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"

She turned slightly pink and looked away. She had been told. Many times, but that beauty was no longer of importance to her.

She had learnt over the past months, that beauty was meaningless. It could not give life to her shattered soul.

Francesco cleared his throat and said, "Come on, let's go inside."

————-

"Here, wear this." She glanced at what he was handing her — a dress.

Hold on. What is he doing with a girl's dress?

"It was... Rosa's. But she never really wore it."

Oh.

"Thank you," she mumbled and went into the bathroom he had shown her earlier.

The dress wasn't the longest, but at least, it covered her well enough.

She returned to see Francesco with a steaming cup of hot chocolate waiting for her. She accepted it gratefully and sat on the sofa next to his.

"I sometimes feel like everything is a buzz in my head... pressures from my family, my peers, this whole social circle. But it's a big relief to just come out here and clear things up."

"It's... beautiful." She finally admitted. And it was. "And it's serene."

"So you're not mad at me for bringing you here?" He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Well, no. I've got hot chocolate." And she smiled raising the cup. "And it tastes amazing."

"Do that often."

"What?"

"Smile more. It's comforting."

She was about to respond when they heard the sound of a car outside. He switched the TV to the security cameras and paled when he saw the car parked outside.

"I'll be back." He said. His eyes held no emotion and he looked completely different from the guy who often joked with her.

"Okay." She said, but he was gone already. Her WACO instincts took in every detail on the screen, the car, and its number plate.

Then, a girl stepped out as Francesco walked outside.

Oh.

She had seen that face before.

Rosa... Rosa Vega.

—————————————

Hi, wonderful family. I just wanted all of you to know how grateful I am that you've stuck around this long.

Your comments mean a lot to me and help me to keep going. GOD bless you all.

(Hopefully more interesting chapters are ahead.)

Oh and, I wish I could speak Chinese and Korean. :)

Which country do you wish you could visit now?