CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

Hi! Please let me know what you all think about how the story is unfolding.
I'm not sure if I should continue this or not... but thanks for stopping by.

————————

"So you never met her again until recently?"

"No, not until recently," Tarquin replied.

His voice was now faint and he had a faraway look in his eyes. Javier had never seen him looking that vulnerable.

Tarquin had called him over to his Villa for a meal which neither of them ended up touching.

But the meal hadn't been the main reason for his call, but rather, to open up about his dark past to Javier

Concerning how he had been tricked into using drugs by some 'so-called' friends. And how he had 'abused' another young girl who seemed to be in the same state as he was.

And eventually, he had come to love her.

Javier could not believe it.

And, why would he open up to me of all people?

Tarquin had also mentioned the pregnancy and the 'abortion', which he didn't quite believe was so any more.

"And you asked your Father about it?"

"Yes, after what I had overheard him saying to her, I confronted him," he sighed and buried his head in his hands.

"All he told me was that not everything is what it seems. And that I'll know the truth soon," he continued.

"And, you asked the girl too?"

Javier didn't know the identity of the girl in question. But whoever it was, she seemed to have gone through a lot. He felt... sorry for her.

"I didn't ask directly... but I phrased it differently to see her reaction."

"How did she react?"

"Well, she has always been able to mask her emotions. But, I caught on that this goes deeper. There is something about it I don't know yet."

Tarquin stood from the dining hall and walked to the large window for a moment.

"You might be wondering why I'm telling you all this," he scratched the back of his head a bit, and finally turned to face Javier.

"I just don't have anyone to talk to. Everyone else seems terrified of me," he chuckled humourlessly. "But, you're... different."

Javier stood up and walked to him.

"It's okay. And if ever you need a friend, I'll be here," he patted his right shoulder.

"And another thing I didn't tell you... the child had survived..."

————

"Hey, what are you making?"

Aqui knew Javier had entered by the sound of the beep which had echoed through the house upon his arrival.

A warm feeling had filled her heart when he had embraced her from behind as she worked at the kitchen counter.

Turning around to be fully engulfed in his embrace, she looked up to him shyly.

"Not much... I was going to make some Sweet Potatoes, and chicken with Salad. Would you like it?"

"I already told you, I'm alright with anything you make. And Jews don't make a meal without a salad do they?" Javier smiled, his tone teasing.

Aqui chuckled lightly.

"Okay, it should be ready in no time."

"Alright, I'll be right back."

————-

Not long after Javier's departure, Tarquin returned to work in his office

He was glad to have finally confided in someone else. Somehow, he felt at peace with his decision.

It had long since been a burden, a weight on his chest. Indeed, a problem shared is half solved.

Yet, that tranquillity didn't seem to last as a certain phone call interrupted him. Tarquin's features hardened as he glanced at the Caller ID.

Hesitantly, he slid across the phone screen to answer it.

"Vladimir?"

———————————————

Hi, lovely fam! Another short update by God's Grace

Much Love to you all from the bottom of my heart. ❤️❤️❤️

Phela.