CHAPTER FIVE

"You have completed your 2-hour workout," came the voice of the trainer through Aquilina's wireless earphones

Sweating and breathing heavily, she drank heavily from her bottle of high PH water and hit the showers.

She switched the tap to hot to relieve her aching bones and allowed her thoughts to wander to the events of the past day.

~~~~

After accepting the offer of Mr Francis, Aquilina found herself looking forward to the bell ringing for the day. She realised how much she missed drawing and painting.

How much of herself had she had to bury after the incident that changed her whole life?

"Okay, so you missed the party last night," Nat said when the teacher was not paying attention. She sounded like she had missed the world's greatest event.

"I am sorry, I could not make it. I had a lot to catch up on."

"Right!" Nat rolled her eyes. "You could pass every subject if you skipped all your classes."

"Okay, I will make it up to you. How about a Pizza at Uncle Jone's later?"

"Puh-lease. Not that Vegan pizza again!" She groaned.

"Hey, you enjoyed it last time."

"I was starving. A hungry man or woman finds EVERYTHING tasty."

"You were asking for more to take home."

Natalie blushed, "My Mum is a vegan."

"So, you did not have more at home?" She cocked an eyebrow.

She gave in, "Maybe, let's say I ate more than 90% of it at home. I'm not saying I ate all. But back to the topic... guess who came to the party?"

"Let me guess... EXO's Do?"

"You wish! Don't tell me that's what you had to "catch up" on."

"Maybe or maybe not..." Aquilina shrugged, amused at her friend's reaction.

"Aquilina!" Nat whisper-yelled. "You missed the greatest event of history."

"That is what you said about the party last week."

"Exactly! Wait... what?" She looked confused and Aquilina wanted to burst into laughter looking at her friend's face. But she kept her look neutral. "No. This week broke the record."

"Oh, dear! Okay, fine. Tell me. What happened?"

"Well, as the clock struck 9:30ish..." she beamed entering into storytelling mode. "The big doors of Garret's hall where we were having the party swung open — the Golden Friends appeared."

"Really?" This piqued Aquilina's interest, for Prince Javier rarely attended any such event — to the best of her knowledge.

"And that is not the best part," Natalie went on, basking in the attention Aquilina had finally given her story.