CHAPTER THIRTY - PART A

"Xiao Jaye(Little Jaye)

"Xiao Jaye(Little Jaye)." 

Aqui was surprised to see Lu Xia as she stepped out of her apartment. She felt a mixture of joy and anxiety at seeing him.

Has he heard the news about the marriage?

But when he smiled and stretched his uninjured arm to her, she felt relieved.

He doesn't know yet.

She ran into his warm embrace.

"I've missed you," she said to him.

"So have I. How are you?"

She pulled back and smiled, "I'm doing well by God's Grace. And you?"

"I'm okay," he smiled back at her and ruffled her hair a bit.

"Are you ready to eat dumplings? Let me take you out."

"Oh," she didn't know what to say. She had to meet Angelo.

"Well, the thing is..." and she told him everything.
Better from her than another.

—————————

Javier was glad to meet Jason on the way after he left their private lounge. Despite everything that had happened, they still remained good friends.

"Hey, what's up?" Jason asked. His strong jaw reminded him so much of his cousin, Aquilina.

"Not much, what's up with you?"

"Well, the match hadn't exactly been in our favour." Jason sighed. He was a part of Velvet Regent's basketball team.

"No worries, there. You all did fine. I'm sure the CTF game tonight will set things right."

"Of course."

They both began walking in the direction of Javier's apartment.

They stopped by the rose-garden in front of it to talk a bit when they arrived. And that was when Javier finally opened up about his marriage to him.

"You what?" Jason moved back a bit and stared at him with his eyes widened and his mouth agape.

"You heard me," Javier had felt like opening up to someone about it, yet he knew he couldn't tell Francesco.

"You've never met her?"

"I'm about to, and I need your help to set the place up... a bit."

Jason sat back and shook his head as he silently pondered. After that moment of silence, he spoke up.

"What can I do to help?"

—————————

"Are you sure this was your only option?" Jason asked him again.

They had set up a place underneath the shade of a tree for their meeting. With cushions, blankets, and a tray of food, Javier felt content and pleased with their set up.

"Yes, I'm sure," he said distractedly.

I hope she'll like it. If only I had some flowers.

He glanced at his watch. It was soon going to be time for their meeting.

He forced himself to concentrate as Jason moved closer to him.

"The only other option would have been your cousin. But for some reason, I can't seem to find her... and someone didn't help me either."

"You wouldn't understand..." Jason muttered weakly and looked away.

"Fine, but what is done, is done." He moved to double check on their arrangements.

Jason sighed and ran a hand through his blonde hair and finally looked at Javier. He moved a little closer to speak to him.

"Alright, I get—" But Jason's words were cut short. He fell forward slowly as he held the right side of his chest.

"Jason!" Javier grabbed him as the blood from the bullet wound wetted and stained his own blue shirt.

Then, a shadow fell over them.

TO BE CONTINUED