CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

HI FAM! MANY THANKS FOR MAKING IT SO FAR.

Please stick with me through the following chapters.

GOD bless you,

Phela 🙏🏻❤️

———————

Aquilina willed herself to concentrate as she made a careful bypass around the aneurysm

"The titanium clips go in now," she announced.

It was huge and required special attention. She placed the various clips in carefully.

When all was finally done, she inspected it again under the microscope to make sure a neat work had been done.

She glanced at the clock, it was almost 6 AM. They had been in surgery for 5 hours. She knew she had to hand over authority soon. Javier would be stopping by her house to pick her up.

Javier. Why does it have to be him?

Once again, she forced herself to pay attention. She could not let her mind wander.

"Over to you, Doctor Asbury."

Her co-surgeon nodded at her as Aqui drew back from the table.

"Thanks everyone for the amazing work done." The risk was past.

"We are very happy you've returned to work, Dr. Aquilina," a scrub nurse said.

"I'm happy too, and thanks everyone for your help. I know it wasn't an easy call."

They'd been working since midnight.

"Thank you too. Everything looks like it would be successful." Dr. Asbury said.

"I'll be back to check on her."

"Please do take your time."

"Finally," she whispered thanks to God as she took off her gloves and changed out of her surgical gown.

She had left every other work to Dr. Asbury and rushed to bath and change. She decided to wear her school uniform which she had brought along before heading home—because of the time.

As she rode home on her Kawasaki Ninja H2R, she finally thought back to the information she'd received from her brother Mike, the previous night.