CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

Checks the calendar. It's been so long! I'm truly sorry, lovelies. Hope you can forgive me. Here's a short update, by GOD'S Grace. Hoping to add more soon.

And also, thank you all so much for being supportive of me all this while. I truly appreciate it.🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Much Love,

Phela❤️❤️❤️

----------------------------

————————————-

"Yvette?"

"Yes!" Aqui's head snapped up at the mention of her pseudonym.

"The Rukovoditel' is asking for more."

"Sure," Aqui forced a polite smile at the matronly leader of the Zone.

It was her second time being asked to serve that evening. And so far, she had heard nothing helpful to their cause.

I guess bumping into him earlier was the only chance I had to see him up close, Aqui sighed inwardly as she headed toward her task.

She was only allowed a moment of stay when she served. And their words were all cryptic. Yet, she remained on the alert.

As Aqui was about to head out of the dark themed yet sophisticated hidden meeting room, a voice stopped her.

"Yvette, is it?"

Her eyes widened and Aqui almost gasped when she heard the voice that called out her name.

The darkroom could only allow so much to be seen. But she recognised the accent as she had heard it earlier when she bumped into him. And also during the attack in France.

But what shocked her the most was the fact that he had remembered her name which he had briefly glanced at before.

"Yes, sir?" She adjusted her glasses and allowed the French accent to lace through her words.

He has a good memory, she noted.

"Would you mind calling in my Secretary? Just ask the guards outside."