Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Chace escorts Rylie into his office suite she notices Evelyn is not at her desk. 

"Where's Evelyn?"  Rylie says hesitant to cross the threshold into his private office. 

"She's gone to get the mail and probably on break, why?"  Chace ask seeing the look of trepidation on her face. 

"I don't want to talk to you in your office.  Say what you have to say to me out here."  Rylie haughtily tells him. 

"You really want me to talk about last night out here?"  He knows why she's upset with him, he didn't want to greet the morning like this but was forced into it to keep her from seeing the damage somebody made to her car. 

"You don't have to talk about last night, obviously it didn't mean that much to you since you didn't have the decency to...."  She brushes past him wanting to keep major distance between them. 

Chace catches up to her grabbing her in his arms he plunders her lips.  She struggles for a bit but he doesn't stop sliding his tongue into her mouth engulfing her tighter in his arms.  Her body tingles, her head moves opposite his opening her mouth she gives him control of the kiss. Rylie's eyes are closed, her breathing labored while her arms are pressed against his chest in a defensive move that results in her relaxing in his hold returning his hungered kiss. 

"This is the way I wanted to wake up with you this morning, but I got an important phone call and I had to leave immediately.  I knew I would see you in a few hours so I took a chance you would understand."  He whispers against her lips while caressing her arms. 

"You sneak, you haven't told me anything yet.  You....you just grab me like some caveman and kiss the hell out of me like it makes it all better.  We need to talk Chace, we need to communicate in other ways or do you even want to?"  Rylie questions. 

"What kind of question is that?  You kissed me back so you must have enjoyed it."  He says confounded by her attitude. 

"You're in the doghouse Chace and still you can't resist just peeing all over the carpet can you."  She gestures with her hand at him. 

"Save the drama Ry I get enough of that shit from Ivana and Jayson.  I don't want to hear it from you." 

"Oh you arrogant bastard."  She pulls away from him walking to the door.  He moves swiftly his strides much quicker than hers. 

"Dammit."  He grabs her around the waist from behind pulling her against him.

"I can't do this anymore Chace."  Rylie has her eyes closed she can feel his cheek pressed against hers his arms wrapped around her waist holding on. 

Chace lets her go feeling a gut check moment between them.  He can't let her go after he saw what someone did to her car this morning.  He can't deny anymore to himself that he loves her but is what he feels real enough to be sustained when this is all over and there is just them.  He has to find a way to make her understand that but how, she's going on emotion right now he doesn't know what she truly feels about him he's still afraid to be out on that limb by himself.  

"The feelings are there Rylie can we just let it happen between us naturally?"  She can hear the pleading in his tone her back is still to him. 

She lets his words sink in, mostly because it's already naturally happened for her.  She can no longer fool herself believing they are staying so intimately connected because they are comforting each other through this situation by having mind blowing sex.  Last night when they took a bath together something changed, something clicked between them or so she thought.