Chapter 63

Chapter 63

(unedited)

Emilio comes out of the waiting room Monique and the others are being kept in to find Jackson standing with his arms crossed against his chest, a bleak look is on his face.

Emilio knows why he's standing there he approaches him and waits for him to ask the question Emilio expects him to asks.

"How is she?" Jackson unfolds his arms but doesn't appear to know what to do with his hands finally putting them in his pockets. Emilio smiles slightly recognizing all the signs of deep attraction. He debates for a quick second deciding to put his friend out of his misery.

"Why don't you go over to that big picture window and see for yourself. She's looking out it, she has been since she was put in that room. I know you can't talk to her but you can let her see you." Emilio responds.

"I told her I would be there in the room with her when she gave her statement and I wasn't. She's not going to want to see me." Jackson shakes his head.

Emilio smiles and lays his hand on his shoulder pushing him toward the window. "Now, stay there." He says tapping on the window and walking away.

Jackson is ready to move away until he hears a responding tap. It's Monique knocking on the window. She holds her right open palm up to it, there's a hopeful expression on her face.

Jackson releases the breath he was holding and lifting his hand he places his palm against the window mirroring hers while staring in her eyes. She smiles at him, he leans his forehead against the window pane and she does the same. Hearing his name called he removes his hand but continues to stare at her for a few more seconds. She blows him a kiss, he smiles and winks at her before walking away.

Rylie stands up the moment she sees Emilio come through the security doors. Chace's reaction is slower, he meets Emilio's direct gaze he's cautious of the look on his face.

"What is it?" Chace asks as Emilio stands in front of them with his lips pursed together in a deep frown.

"I don't trust them. Do you have any updates on the Senator's whereabouts yet?" Emilio says by way of distraction.

"No....I'm not concerned about it right now. What is it Em? Tell us now or Rylie's not going in that room. I've had it with this shit. Tell us what's going on, they haven't let the others come back out." Chace says with insistence.

"I don't know for sure but I think they're looking for a way to shift this. Aiden Layton is a high profile Senator with connections. I don't mean to be offensive to you Rylie but you and the other women are....."

"Expendable? I've already figured that out Emilio. They seem to have this all worked out now that they know Gavin was stalking me." Rylie says fuming.

"She's right isn't she Emilio. What if we talk to the men that were customers, get some of them to come forward? Chace has the client list, we still hold some of the cards in this game." Richard Braxton remarks.